Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As bad as this us, I think it may benefit us from a team point if view. We need other chipping in with goals it's tine fir those yo come. Maybe opens door with McCormack 

I don't see how. We need others to step up, but we needed them to do it when Kodjia was fit and they couldn't do it. 

I hope McCormack gets another chance but I don't think he's the answer. If anything he will look as lost as Hogan under this managers preferred style of football. 

Great.

Wished we hadn't appealed the red now!

In fairness players come back pretty quickly from clean leg breaks now so hopefully he won't miss too much of next season but he won't have much of a pre season either and that can disrupt a players year as we saw with Benteke in 14/15.

Typical! :( We get his ban cut and then this happens in the first of the 2 games he would have missed. We can only hope that he gets well quickly and that we can bring someone in on loan should he have to miss the start of the season such as Tammy Abraham for example. We really cannot afford to not hit the ground running at the start of next season and without his goals we are likely to struggle to score as we have done this season when he was out.   

Most of the websites I have looked at say sport can be resumed within 3 months of a broken ankle. OK he misses pre season but not a huge slab of next season. 

He really should only miss the first 2 or 3 games, maybe even none if it heals quickly. 

• Like 1

I would say this is a possibility to being in another genuine class striker but January and the acon tournament mess keeps flashing in my mind.

I hope we learnt a lesson then!

18 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Stay positive guys! Better this happened now than in preseason or at the start of next season. We have the opportunity to plan ahead.

It might happen then as well..........:wacko:

I doubt it will affect the team too much really; May, June, July, half of August... then he'll be back. Depending on the break obviously, but I think it likely that he'll be fine for the start of the season, or thereabouts. Looking on the bright side; if it had to happen, now is the best time as we're safe in the league, one game left which has no real meaning, and three months before we play competitively again. Plus it pretty much stops any chat of him going anywhere else. 

Get well soon Codge!

• Like 1

Tbh if things like this are going to happens glad it did so only in time for the final game.

hopefully he can recover quicker than expected I time for next season, the we really havnt missed a lot!

Â