Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Guest av1
8 hours ago, Rodders said:

well at least it'll force Bruce to learn how to play football without lumping it to the star player. ( please don't just buy another star player ) 

I think i spot a flaw. 

So apparently will be out for 4 months.

I did say when he had the ban, we should wrap him in bubblewrap and leave him out till seasons end to prevent this. Wasn't actually thinking it would happen!

The "getting his 20 goals" could have waited.

• Like 1

So it's either August or October or somewhere in between.  I bet it's closer to August given his age.  Hopefully the rest of them with a full pre-season under their belt won't be so reliant upon his ability to score a goal from nothing, and will be able to craft their own in a more orthodox style.  Get well soon big man !

At least he won't be nicked in the summer now :( Every cloud 'n all that.

We were no where near promotion with his goals it's scary to think where we will be without them

Considering our other options are McCormack and Hogan who require a bit of tactical knowledge from the manager to get the best out of them i think were in the shit

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We were no where near promotion with his goals it's scary to think where we will be without them

Considering our other options are McCormack and Hogan who require a bit of tactical knowledge from the manager to get the best out of them i think were in the shit

Good thing it's the end of the season, and we have a transfer window + preseason then hey?

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In a way could be a psoitive as we are now going to have to rely on other players scoring goals like hogan, hourihane etc 

get abrahams on loan 

Is having to rely on players who aren't scoring goals, to score goals, a positive? 

It might force Bruce to re think things, but then even if kodjia was fit I question why we wouldn't be doing our best to get other players scoring also. 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In a way could be a psoitive as we are now going to have to rely on other players scoring goals like hogan, hourihane etc 

get abrahams on loan 

The same Hogan that has looked as Isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway whenever he's played and Hourihane that can't get in the team ahead of Bacuna and whenever he does is not played in his correct position?

I can see us throwing another 10 mill + away on a striker that will just be as ineffective as the others because of the dire system that we play.

I can't see Abrahams being allowed to come here on loan the coaches at Chelsea will see it as a backwards step in his footballing development.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The same Hogan that has looked as Isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway whenever he's played and Hourihane that can't get in the team ahead of Bacuna and whenever he does is not played in his correct position?

I can see us throwing another 10 mill + away on a striker that will just be as ineffective as the others because of the dire system that we play.

I can't see Abrahams being allowed to come here on loan the coaches at Chelsea will see it as a backwards step in his footballing development.

James Wilson from Man U on loan?

Relaterad bild

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Well as said on numerous occasions hogan is being fed hoofball and that's not his game. Bruce would gave seen enough fir him to know we can't play that way anymore. I can't see spending 10m on another striker. No chance. ,ore a loan I see.

i don't see how that would be a backwards step if he is being game time in one of the biggest clubs in the division 

• Like 1

I don't think Abraham is a ridiculous suggestion. He's still young, Prem teams might well not be interested yet and Chelsea might prefer him to go to a bigger club with more pressure to see if he could perform on that stage. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's not daft. 

On Kodjia - why oh why do our strikers always seem to get injured for huge periods of time? We really haven't had much luck over the last five years. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well as said on numerous occasions hogan is being fed hoofball and that's not his game. Bruce would gave seen enough fir him to know we can't play that way anymore. I can't see spending 10m on another striker. No chance. ,ore a loan I see.

i don't see how that would be a backwards step if he is being game time in one of the biggest clubs in the division 

Yeah but I saw this after the first game so why, 4 months later, are we still persisting? I want to believe it will change this summer, really I do but I don't see it.

On the subject of Kodjia I hope this ankle injury doesn't affect him as a player, I know Bent had a bad one and when he came back he looked sluggish and lost that edge.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think Abraham is a ridiculous suggestion. He's still young, Prem teams might well not be interested yet and Chelsea might prefer him to go to a bigger club with more pressure to see if he could perform on that stage. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's not daft. 

On Kodjia - why oh why do our strikers always seem to get injured for huge periods of time? We really haven't had much luck over the last five years. 

Seems Newcastle might be keen on Abraham.  I agree that Chelsea will want him tested on a bigger stage, which means pretty much any Premier League interest will effectively rule us out.

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah but I saw this after the first game so why, 4 months later, are we still persisting? I want to believe it will change this summer, really I do but I don't see it.

On the subject of Kodjia I hope this ankle injury doesn't affect him as a player, I know Bent had a bad one and when he came back he looked sluggish and lost that edge.

Because we got him late in window and I still think with a good pre season he will come good

With any luck SB wont still be manager when kodjia returns. 

The new manager will have Lansbury, Hourihane and Hogan scoring for fun and we can ease him back in slowly

Spoiler

And then i woke up and we were bottom after 12 games again...

• Like 1

Â