Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Crazy statistic of the day...

With all of the comparisons between Benteke & Kodjia

This season Kodjia has played 36 games and scored 19 goals

After Benteke's first 36 games at Villa he had also scored 19 goals

Spooky

• Like 3

An Interesting observation reported in the Birmingham mail this evening on Jonathan Kodjia.

Peter Withe was generally in praise of the player, but highlighted a flaw.

He said he has spoken to Steve Bruce and so has Brian Little on the very subject.

They have suggested to Steve that the coaches work on his awareness.....Peter said he scores some great goals and is a very talented player, but there are times his decision making could be suspect.....there maybe a better/easier opportunity with another player.....He needs to be aware of that.

I hope he does, he will then be some player.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Um. If Steve Bruce hasn't already noticed that particular flaw by now I'm joining the Bruce out at this very minute! camp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TB said:

Um. If Steve Bruce hasn't already noticed that particular flaw by now I'm joining the Bruce out at this very minute! camp.

Welcome aboard. Please pick up your banner on the way in and have a seat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

Welcome aboard. Please pick up your banner on the way in and have a seat.

:-) The magic word was if.

11 minutes ago, TB said:

I'm not a particular fan of Steve Bruce and his kind of football. When (if) someone better becomes available, replace him.

But the very idea of a seemlingly competent, professional manager for 20-odd years not being able to spot the major flaw in his main striker's game - a flaw that's not only been discussed on Villa forums for months, but also acknowledged by the player himself as a part of his game he needs to work at - that's totally absurd.

1 hour ago, TB said:

Perhaps he was already aware....but that is not the point, the point was Peter Withe noticed it....so its just speculative.

so if, is your operative word.

35 minutes ago, TB said:

:-) The magic word was if.

I'm not a particular fan of Steve Bruce and his kind of football. When (if) someone better becomes available, replace him.

But the very idea of a seemlingly competent, professional manager for 20-odd years not being able to spot the major flaw in his main striker's game - a flaw that's not only been discussed on Villa forums for months, but also acknowledged by the player himself as a part of his game he needs to work at - that's totally absurd.

But that is just your speculation.

you rightly say If.....and then proceed to elaborate further on that assumption.

strange and opportunism.

Edited by TRO

Â