Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

11 hours ago, John said:

I think to get to talking about the wages they would offer him with the player they would need to make a bid for the player that is acceptable to us.

Although in theory in football this is supposed to be the case in reality agents are talking to clubs about moves/wages all the time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

great to hear though the cynic in me would suggest its a perfect time for a transfer :(

Was thinking the same when I saw it. He can probably pass a medical now 

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Players are away on holiday arent they? where has this information come from? I'd be delighted if true.. 

I'm assuming it's from the Birmingham Mail article, although I think Wilko154 has jumped to the conclusion that he will be back for the start of the season as the article doesn't actually say he will be just that he's back in training.

Aston Villa hero Jonathan Kodjia is back training less than six weeks after having an operation on his broken ankle.

Last season’s 19-goal top scorer went under the knife in Belgium on May 4 after breaking his ankle during the 1-0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers in April and manager Steve Bruce feared he could be out for up to six months.

“We are devastated, not just for him but for all of us,” said the manager. “The summer plans were always with Kodjia available for next year, considering the year he has had.

“They are telling us it is three to four months, which probably means the best part of six months.

“It is difficult but that is what football is. You suffer injuries and we have been dealt a harsh blow.

“We wish him a speedy recovery."

But Kodjia appears to be making steady progress and has been fighting his way to fitness with his personal trainer.

The 27-year-old Ivory Coast international’s injury prevented him from becoming Villa’s first player to score 20 league goals in a season since Peter Withe in the 1980-81 First Division title winning campaign.

Kodjia will return next season looking to make up for lost time and fire the claret and blues to the Premier League.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

I'm assuming it's from the Birmingham Mail article, although I think Wilko154 has jumped to the conclusion that he will be back for the start of the season as the article doesn't actually say he will be just that he's back in training.

Yeh might have jumped the gun on my conclusion... I saw a video of him training on his Instagram page.

Boxing training and looked fairly comfortable on his feet, I would imagine he won't be far away in 2 months time.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't that be the same sort of fitness as Zlatan has. He's still not expected back until January as light fitness is very different to intense match training.

Good result would be getting him back in September.

He should be back way before January the original diagnosis said four months so that would lead us to September 

Broken bones are a tricky one. Joe Ledley played in the Euros last year something like a month after breaking his leg. Compare this to the break which Seamus Coleman suffered. It really depends on the individual and obviously how bad the break was. It seems Kodija's was a minor enough break and he could realistically be back for the start of the season.

I would prefer not to rush it though. I'd rather that he was available for the last 40 league games fully fit than the 46 with niggling injuries.

Â