Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

But that is just your speculation.

you rightly say If.....and then proceed to elaborate further on that assumption.

strange and opportunism.

You're right - I'm speculating that Steve Bruce knows what he's doing.

I guess my English is far worse that I imagined.

I was trying to say that Steve Bruce should have been able to identify on Kodjia's major flaw after working with him for three-quarters of a season.

Fans, fellow players and Kodjia himself have suggested that this part of his game as something that needs to be improved upon.

If Steve Bruce hasn't realized that on his own he needs to be sacked, as quick as possible, preferably yesterday.

I just don't buy the idea that he hasn't.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

But that is just your speculation.

you rightly say If.....and then proceed to elaborate further on that assumption.

strange and opportunism.

I think TB is trying to say that the very idea that  Steve Bruce hasn't noticed this flaw is absurd. I don't think he's having an opportunistic pop at SB, just the opposite I think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TB said:

I was trying to say that Steve Bruce should have been able to identify on Kodjia's major flaw after working with him for three-quarters of a season.

Fans, fellow players and Kodjia himself have suggested that this part of his game as something that needs to be improved upon.

If Steve Bruce hasn't realized that on his own he needs to be sacked, as quick as possible, preferably yesterday.

Beat me to it!

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I think TB is trying to say that the very idea that  Steve Bruce hasn't noticed this flaw is absurd. I don't think he's having an opportunistic pop at SB, just the opposite I think.

Thanks. The difference between English as a first or second language demonstrated in a single paragraph.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TB said:

Thanks. The difference between English as a first or second language demonstrated in a single paragraph.

I had to look at where you were from when you mentioned English wasn't your first language. I lived in Italy for about 18 months a long time ago. I could jabber on in Italian, probably not particularly well, but people were generally kind, or shocked to find an Englishman who could manage any Italian at all! But the written word I didn't really master. You on the other hand could probably teach plenty of us a thing or two about our own language. :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TB said:

How do you know that he didn't already know......but that wasn't the point being made....you assumed it.

33 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ok my apologies.....i was just reporting that Peter Withe had mentioned it to him, but you are right, he probably was already aware.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I had to look at where you were from when you mentioned English wasn't your first language. I lived in Italy for about 18 months a long time ago. I could jabber on in Italian, probably not particularly well, but people were generally kind, or shocked to find an Englishman who could manage any Italian at all! But the written word I didn't really master. You on the other hand could probably teach plenty of us a thing or two about our own language. :)

You're too kind :-) I'd say that one thing or two probably would be quite archaic, as I started out as a youngster with a Agatha Christie whodunnit in one hand and a English-to-Norwegian dictionary in the other, looking up every third word along the way at first.

Obviously, there's a vast difference between reading/writing an English text and arguing on the Internet with fellow fans that basically want the same thing for the club as you do  :-D

Just hoping to avoid this:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/8/8d/Broken_english_spoken.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060323214253

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ok my apologies.....i was just reporting that Peter Withe had mentioned it to him, but you are right, he probably was already aware.

No apologies needed. I might have worded my OP better.

What I was pooh-poohing was the idea that SB needed Peter Withe, Brian Little or anyone else to make him aware of the flaw in Kodjia's game  - now, after the season, as if he hadn't been able to spot it on his own.

I don't think Steve Bruce is the bee's knees, but I believe he's better than that.

19 hours ago, TB said:

No apologies needed. I might have worded my OP better.

What I was pooh-poohing was the idea that SB needed Peter Withe, Brian Little or anyone else to make him aware of the flaw in Kodjia's game  - now, after the season, as if he hadn't been able to spot it on his own.

I don't think Steve Bruce is the bee's knees, but I believe he's better than that.

I agree, but.......

The thing is you could have your wing mirror hanging off and somebody beeps and tells you.

you could be already aware, but you don't necessarily condemn the information as it may well be delivered with good intent.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree, but.......

The thing is you could have your wing mirror hanging off and somebody beeps and tells you.

you could be already aware, but you don't necessarily condemn the information as it may well be delivered with good intent.

I do get your point (although that comparison isn't working particularily well for me) - but let's just put a stop to this now, before the 'proper car-crash'/'wreckage'/'which kind of mechanic do we really need now?' posts start to turn up. .:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

It would have to be a very, very lucrative loan deal wouldn't it? Who do they think they are or we are to talk of loaning our top goalscorer from us? :angry:  

I assume lucrative in this sense means lucrative for Kodjia. If they offer him 3 times the money he's on here he might get unsettled and force through a move.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

I assume lucrative in this sense means lucrative for Kodjia. If they offer him 3 times the money he's on here he might get unsettled and force through a move.

He wont force through a loan deal!

• Like 1

We could loan him to them until January, let him get his fitness back over there and test himself in the champions league etc.

If they stay in the champions league, pay us more and keep him till the end of the season if we're doing okay without him. If we need him back we can pull the plug, if they're out of Europe or he's not playing he might want to come back anyway 

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

No for us. I think to get to talking about the wages they would offer him with the player they would need to make a bid for the player that is acceptable to us. Loan deal wise they would need to offer us enough money to make us prepared to loan him out to them for a season. I cannot see them doing either. They don't want the player enough to bid enough to buy him and think we will accept a loan deal no doubt because we have done that recently with players who did not want to play for us that we wanted off the wage bill. They need to think again and try their lucrative loan fee bait somewhere else! 

11 hours ago, skarroki said:

We could loan him to them until January, let him get his fitness back over there and test himself in the champions league etc.

If they stay in the champions league, pay us more and keep him till the end of the season if we're doing okay without him. If we need him back we can pull the plug, if they're out of Europe or he's not playing he might want to come back anyway 

And if he proves himself in the Champions League whilst we are playing poorly in the Championship do you think he would be happy to come back and not look for a permanent way out?

Think we are going to need him to hit the ground running as soon as he is fit and ready, as we did with Benteke a few years ago. Until then McCormack and Hogan are going to have to provide the goals, with hopefully a midfield behind them that supplies them instead of hit and hope long balls as we saw this season.

Â