Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

One of the biggest things to address for next season is to become less dependent on him while at the same time keeping him scoring at the level he is now.

18 out of 42 goals with 8 directly game winning goals in 15 wins is scary.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

One of the biggest things to address for next season is to become less dependent on him while at the same time keeping him scoring at the level he is now.

18 out of 42 goals with 8 directly game winning goals in 15 wins is scary.

Hogan will come more to the fore next season I'm sure if he stays fit, the ball just isn't quite running for him atm but his past record suggests he'll get there.

Be interesting who the third striker will be....I suspect from his past record SB will go for a younger striker on loan from a major prem club (Bentdner at SHA and Chuba Akpom at Hull are two examples) which would make more sense than getting in another experienced striker for decent money as that would risk being another McCormack waste of money if they weren't starting regularly.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hogan will come more to the fore next season I'm sure if he stays fit, the ball just isn't quite running for him atm but his past record suggests he'll get there.

Be interesting who the third striker will be....I suspect from his past record SB will go for a younger striker on loan from a major prem club (Bentdner at SHA and Chuba Akpom at Hull are two examples) which would make more sense than getting in another experienced striker for decent money as that would risk being another McCormack waste of money if they weren't starting regularly.

We also need to add a lot more goals from midfield.

A lot more goals.

On 4/6/2017 at 02:24, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Jesus that kit is hideous!

Maybe its rose tinted spectacles but I bloody love that kit! Pure 80's nostalgia 

On 4/6/2017 at 23:10, sne said:

We also need to add a lot more goals from midfield.

A lot more goals.

I thought we bought the players to do just that?

• Like 1

On 05/04/2017 at 15:04, villa89 said:

19 out of 38 is pretty good considering the team he was in. 20 from 46 would be good from Kodjia if he can get there, and he should.

The impressive thing about Kodjia is that he missed the start of the season due to being signed late in the window,  and also missed loads of games due to AFCON so he's probably only played around 30 games for us, but still managed to score 19. 

I'm not sure exactly how many games he's played, but his goals to games ratio over a season must the best we've had for a very very long time.  just a shame it's in the championship so we can't truly compare to the other greats fairly. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 22:57, VillaChris said:

we will have Gabby still ;)

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Allow him to get to his 20 or 21. Then wrap him in bubble wrap and play the kids till seasons end.

and then some Premier League club will come in with a 20 mil plus offer and he'll be gone. Waste of time not picking him.

Â