Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Stupid getting himself sent off like that.

But I'm sick of seeing Villa players make it easy for refs in these situations. Imagine that was Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea or even sides like Newcastle or Leeds.

They would be crowding around the ref, reacting to the actions of the Fulham player and trying to either stop the red or encourage the ref to produce two.

Not our lot though, a couple of them were there half heartedly.

That sums these players and the club up. No real fight, passion or desire to win they are so bloody passive.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Stupid getting himself sent off like that.

But I'm sick of seeing Villa players make it easy for refs in these situations. Imagine that was Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea or even sides like Newcastle or Leeds.

They would be crowding around the ref, reacting to the actions of the Fulham player and trying to either stop the red or encourage the ref to produce two.

Not our lot though, a couple of them were there half heartedly.

That sums these players and the club up. No real fight, passion or desire to win they are so bloody passive.

There's no intensity at this football club and it comes from Bruce as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He got kicked twice and shouldn't have reacted. But how the other bloke escaped even a talking to shows how utterly, desperately poor reffing has become in this game.

Unfortunately in a second rate league you get second rate refs. The state of officiating at this level is embarrassing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Unfortunately in a second rate league you get second rate refs. The state of officiating at this level is embarrassing. 

The 'first rate' refs are so poor as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's no intensity at this football club and it comes from Bruce as far as I'm concerned. 

No, that is down to players in that situation. Managers can't give you that desire and edge, these lot collectively just don't have it.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

No, that is down to players in that situation. Managers can't give you that desire and edge, these lot collectively just don't have it.

Disagree, managers certainly can give you that edge. MON was a classic example, awful tactician but would get his players running through brick walls for him.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Disagree, managers certainly can give you that edge. MON was a classic example, awful tactician but would get his players running through brick walls for him.

I disagree, he signed players with those characteristics. Those that didn't have them didn't play.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I disagree, he signed players with those characteristics. Those that didn't have them didn't play.

He did but I do not think they have demonstrated much intensity either. I just do not think he's getting into these players heads and getting them to fight for the cause. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He did but I do not think they have demonstrated much intensity either. I just do not think he's getting into these players heads and getting them to fight for the cause. 

There is no intensity I agree there... anyway that's for the Bruce thread.

Our players need to be clever in these situations, the only way is to go down screaming like they have been shot, that is what players in the top teams do and why they get the referee decisions while we get players sent off. It is a wimpy thing to do, but unfortunately that is the game these days and we need to learn it.

The extra annoying thing is that is more or less season over for Kodjia now and he will miss the chance of sending sha down and adding to his goal tally.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2

OK who knows the rules? If the ref states in his report sent off for a stamp, and there clearly is no stamp, can you Appeal? Or can the ref retrospectively change his reason for the red card. 

Why is it when our strikers get to 19 goals they get a red card and miss the final games. Happened with Benteke a few years ago against Chelsea. 

Silly what Kodjia today but Fredericks has conned the ref big time and somehow got away with it. Joke. 

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why is it when our strikers get to 19 goals they get a red card and miss the final games. Happened with Benteke a few years ago against Chelsea. 

Silly what Kodjia today but Fredericks has conned the ref big time and somehow got away with it. Joke. 

#avfc

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

OK who knows the rules? If the ref states in his report sent off for a stamp, and there clearly is no stamp, can you Appeal? Or can the ref retrospectively change his reason for the red card. 

Sent off for violent conduct - whether a stamp or retaliation kick out it is still a red card and 3 game ban .

i think the Fulham player will also get a 3 game retrospective ban when reviewed . Both had to go !

Edited by Eastie

Why were we even playing Kodjia in the first place. His leg was heavily strapped against Reading and we're putting him out there again 48 hours later?! Hogan can play outfront on his own ffs.

Very disappointed Steve Bruce started him today and know we won't see him again this season.

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Sent off for violent conduct - whether a stamp or retaliation kick out it is still a red card and 3 game ban .

i think the Fulham player will also get a 3 game retrospective ban when reviewed . Both had to go !

That i don't believe is strictly true , not condoning kodjia's reaction but the ref didn't see the incident and sent Kodjia off because one of the other officials said it was a stamp. Handbags at the most for me , surely there are grounds for appeal as no stamp happened?

Â