Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I took that to mean any club under the stature of Chelsea would be wasting their time, telling kodge he's good enough for the top, whether he believes it is moot.

Good way of taking the shine off any other clubs advances.

Now I'd assume Chelsea have bigger options in picking strikers, I'd be shocked if they were interested.

I hope we keep Kodg......but hey........it will be like a revolving door moving forward.

players come and go for all sorts of reasons, some good, some not good.

we just have to make sure that we progressively improve and strengthen as we go.

I would not surprise me if the team that gets us up, is somewhat different to the one we have now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

He's unbuyable, no-one is spending 25mil+ on a Championship player. There is no story here.

It's 2017 with more money than ever.

I am sure there were certain points where "Nobody is buying Paul Pogba for 80 million"

"No way will Chinese Clubs be paying players half a mill per week"

etc

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think kodj will stick it out one more season here. If we don't go up next season he will leave

If he was 23/24 I would agree but he will be 28 next season. He doesn't have time to hang around especially if a club like Everton come in for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If he was 23/24 I would agree but he will be 28 next season. He doesn't have time to hang around especially if a club like Everton come in for him.

We are in increasing  danger of becoming their feeder club.:angry: I hope JK will give us another year because we are not the same without him and the likes of Stoke and Everton (at best) are the sort of clubs from the top flight that are likely to be in for him rather than one of the big guns.  

3 minutes ago, John said:

We are in increasing  danger of becoming their feeder club.:angry: I hope JK will give us another year because we are not the same without him and the likes of Stoke and Everton (at best) are the sort of clubs from the top flight that are likely to be in for him rather than one of the big guns.  

If Everton came in - I think JK would think seriously about it. Hopefully though a 28 year old championship striker wouldn't be see as a worthy replacement for Lukaku.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I am sure there were certain points where "Nobody is buying Paul Pogba for 80 million"

etc

Paul Pogba is proven at the highest level and is a sound commercial investment, with minimal-risk to a club with the turnover of United, but I see what're you are saying.

My example would be Hogan and West Ham, they deemed Hogan too much of a risk for the 15mil that was being asked for. Football is a crazy game, but noone is going to pay the value that we have on JK to convince us to sell. At that price point there are much sounder options with less-risk.

We think he's the tit-tittays (which he definitely is), but think of how many strikers have scored vast sums of goals in the championship and haven't replicated in the prem.

He'll be a Villa player next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

etc

China is the only possibility for that money. Yes there's a lot more money in English football, but clubs playing >£20m for one player is still really only confined to a small group of Premier League clubs, and these clubs already have better forwards than Kodjia. I just do not see a bottom half Premier League club playing that much for a single player, especially one from the Championship. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

If Everton came in - I think JK would think seriously about it. Hopefully though a 28 year old championship striker wouldn't be see as a worthy replacement for Lukaku.

So do I, but he would not need to think about it if it was say Arsenal who came in for him.  

He signed a 4 year deal or whatever it was, he didn't appear to kick up a fuss at Bristol when we were trying to sign him. If anyone comes in for him I couldn't give two hoots if he's thinking about it, reject it and get his head straight. 

I'm sick of us giving into our players demands who are under contract. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He signed a 4 year deal or whatever it was, he didn't appear to kick up a fuss at Bristol when we were trying to sign him. If anyone comes in for him I couldn't give two hoots if he's thinking about it, reject it and get his head straight. 

I'm sick of us giving into our players demands who are under contract. 

City chief operating officer Mark Ashton said the club had retained a sell-on clause and decided to disclose the fee "due to the high-profile nature and speculation surrounding the deal".

Ashton added: "We've continually told Jonathan that we don't want him to go, but recently he's made it clear that he's aware of the interest of other clubs and that he wanted to leave."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220214

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

He's unbuyable, no-one is spending 25mil+ on a Championship player. There is no story here.

This is pretty much how I feel. He's completely unproven in a top flight to spend the money it will cost to buy him. Anyone that does is mad IMO 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

City chief operating officer Mark Ashton said the club had retained a sell-on clause and decided to disclose the fee "due to the high-profile nature and speculation surrounding the deal".

Ashton added: "We've continually told Jonathan that we don't want him to go, but recently he's made it clear that he's aware of the interest of other clubs and that he wanted to leave."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220214

Oh fair one, completely missed that :thumb: 

I don't think you can deny a player the opportunity to play in the top division. he signed for us expecting that we would be promoted this year. if a club from the top flight comes in with a decent offer of about 20 mil then, all we can do is beg him to stay but we cant keep him against his will.

Â