Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont understand the race to sell him, we have worst things to sort out than selling our 2nd striker 

agreed - don't forget RHM is out on loan. We have higher priorities.

He's one of the few that we could make back some of the money we spent on.  If he really is one of the ones that's not on board with what DS is trying to do it makes some sense to get  rid of a potentially disruptive presence and get some cash for him while we still can.  He's a striker being played as a winger because we only use one striker and we still have Davis and Hogan as backup to Tammy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

He's one of the few that we could make back some of the money we spent on.  

I honestly don't think we'd get £5m for him, we 'd do well to get £3m. He has a serious injury record and is on a steep decline. With his high wages nobody in their right mind would buy him.  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see kodjia staying after the summer, he doesn't fit the way DS tries to play at all.

He will never change his unwillingness pass and he will never be a workhorse and lead the press.

Was no coincidence the game changed completely after he came on and we completely stopped pressing as a unit and struggled to get any sustained pressure going.

It's a shame with kodj he's so talented but those blinkers and selfishness will never change.

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I can't see kodjia staying after the summer, he doesn't fit the way DS tries to play at all.

He will never change his unwillingness pass and he will never be a workhorse and lead the press.

Was no coincidence the game changed completely after he came on and we completely stopped pressing as a unit and struggled to get any sustained pressure going.

It's a shame with kodj he's so talented but those blinkers and selfishness will never change.

so we spend north of 10 mill on a player that don't press...OK.....add another with Hogan.

and we all wonder why we are where we are.

can I be a scout please, mister?( Yosser Hughes ....."I can do that")

Edited by TRO

He is bone idol. His lack of movement tonight was shocking and he often made no effort to get away from his marker leaving Hutton or Taylor, depending what side he was on, with no out ball down the line. 

I don't know what has happened to him but he appears not to give a toss. Perhaps he is pissed that Abraham as well and truly took the limelight off him. Whatever it is if he carries on like this then we have to be looking to ship him out in the summer.

• Like 3

Soft as dog shite. He slips over on purpose when he has a bad touch to try and cover himself as though it isn't his fault.

Vassell had a habit of doing this as well. Try and make it look like he's been unlucky.

Dunno what to say about him. Loads of ability, just can't be arsed. Scared to try in case he fails. Coward.

I didn't think he was that bad tbh, certainly not first half when he was very tightly marked by Sheffield defenders and wriggled away. Seems one overhit pass he can't get to and people get on his back.

I prefer him to El Ghazi although that's not saying much but yes will probably go in the summer as one year left on his deal so chance to recoup some money from mid table French club.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I didn't think he was that bad tbh, certainly not first half when he was very tightly marked by Sheffield defenders and wriggled away. Seems one overhit pass he can't get to and people get on his back.

I prefer him to El Ghazi although that's not saying much but yes will probably go in the summer as one year left on his deal so chance to recoup some money from mid table French club.

Much prefer El Ghazi. Judging by last night, Kodjia has lost his pace. Really did nothing of worth. Needs to go in the summer.

El Ghazi was heavily involved last night, and I think shows signs that he can improve.

• Like 1

Sad that he just hasn’t looked the same since his injuries. Will be surprised if he’s still here next season.

Not that I’d want any of our players to get an injury....but it had to happen to the expensive striker who actually looked good for us, couldn’t have happened to Hogan or McCormack. So ****ing annoying.

Â