Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

On 20/01/2019 at 01:45, villalad21 said:

Wasted at the wing.

He should be backup striker for Tammy, alternatively DS should consider 4-4-2

we switched to the 4-4-2 when he came on.  DS was absolutely right that it was the best way to play him.  It's didn't create a goal against Hull, but DS already did what you suggest he should  (congratulations on your astute suggestion)

He came on on Saturday, he played in his favoured position, and yet he still gave the ball away too much, and tried to do too much when he got it, and then failed to put the effort in to retrieve the ball.

Never been the same player, for me, after the injury.

I said previously, get rid, and use the money to get Bowen or Cash from Forest

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wiĺl get more game time  now thankfully. 

As much as I am one of his biggest critics, in truth Bolasie wasn't bringing anything Kodjia cannot (Barring crosses) which Bolasie simply did not deliver enough, well on the field of play anyway.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

This would be a typical Villa loan, if Abraham were to then get injured we would be left with Abraham and Davis.

In the meantime a front two of Abraham and Abraham will be awesome. 

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'd sooner we sold Hogan now in this window instead.

Kodja - if he can get his act together and find his old form, can still be vital for our promotion push.

There is a good player in there and he offers more than fat arse Hogan does.

6 goals in 26 league appearances is bad for a striker who was the main man at a club, get him and Hogan sold.

Either look to Davies and RHM and bring them into the first team or let's find some real capable strikers who are scoring.

I still feel like Wednesdays reach or brentfords maupay would be the answer. When Tammy has gone(could buy Reach and Maupay and send Tammy back), could save on more wages since bolasie has gone. Let a striker or two who we buy as our own take up Tammys wages. I would make an offer for them. Think bruce would sell Reach to get money coming in to buy who he wants, there is also barry bannon i think will leave wednesday. Surely Smith is thinking on raiding brentford for some players and I wouldn't hesitate for a few of them. To get our squad back on track, i think Smith would do well to bring some players he is used to, they have some very capable players at brentford, who will do what we want them to do without having teething problems. Maybe bringing in a few brentford players can give there hindsight on how its all done properly in the process and pass some much needed knowledge onto our slow players.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

6 goals in 26 league appearances is bad for a striker who was the main man at a club, get him and Hogan sold.

Either look to Davies and RHM and bring them into the first team or let's find some real capable strikers who are scoring.

I still feel like Wednesdays reach or brentfords maupay would be the answer. When Tammy has gone(could buy Reach and Maupay and send Tammy back), could save on more wages since bolasie has gone. Let a striker or two who we buy as our own take up Tammys wages. I would make an offer for them. Think bruce would sell Reach to get money coming in to buy who he wants, there is also barry bannon i think will leave wednesday. Surely Smith is thinking on raiding brentford for some players and I wouldn't hesitate for a few of them. To get our squad back on track, i think Smith would do well to bring some players he is used to, they have some very capable players at brentford, who will do what we want them to do without having teething problems. Maybe bringing in a few brentford players can give there hindsight on how its all done properly in the process and pass some much needed knowledge onto our slow players.

Interesting Dave, but I don't see much of this panning out unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

6 goals in 26 league appearances is bad for a striker who was the main man at a club

He hasn't played up top though at all this season, save for short periods...

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Isn’t Adam Reach a wing back? I’m guessing you’re wanting him to fill the Taylor position, rather than as a striker?

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Isn’t Adam Reach a wing back? I’m guessing you’re wanting him to fill the Taylor position, rather than as a striker?

Yes he can player back or left wing, he's one of those players that can be changed and utilised on a whole flank, I think we need those types of players.. 

Â