Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Avcol said:

I'd have him over Adomah and Bolasie. El Ghazi is still young but Kodjia has contributed more to the team this season than any of them. That's not to say he doesn't annoy the hell out of me, he's one very frustrating player to watch and if he had a brain he'd be at a higher level. At least every once in a while though there is an end product.

Yes, he helped turn the game and was twice as effective as Albert or Bolasie. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Yes, he helped turn the game and was twice as effective as Albert or Bolasie. 

He also played in a different position.  More central.  He always looks better when he’s more central.  All three have good individual skill with flashes of brilliance surrounded by multiple errors trying to do too much alone.  All three are unpredictable which is good when the opposition has no idea where he’ll be or what he’ll do.  But not so good when your teammates have no idea either. 

• Like 1

The thing we have with Kodjia that Tammy lacks is an ability to get on the end of crosses. How many headed goals has Tammy scored? I can remember many he's missed (and we do cross, a lot)... Playing wide but coming inside for crosses from the other flank he's got a use (see the Blues goal). 

14 minutes ago, Dale said:

The thing we have with Kodjia that Tammy lacks is an ability to get on the end of crosses. How many headed goals has Tammy scored? I can remember many he's missed (and we do cross, a lot)... Playing wide but coming inside for crosses from the other flank he's got a use (see the Blues goal). 

I would play 4-4-2 right now. This 4-3-3 system clearly not working without Axel and Jack, and it's so bloody obvious 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't blame him really. I would prefer to play him over bolassie or adomah.

I agree 100% . Tbf though this week I think it was just being cautious as he took a  knock. Personally I think it's time to try two up top.

I wouldn't be sad to see him go to be honest, he slows our play down, gives away stupid free kicks after running into people....yesterday he was terrible when he came on, he should have been driving us forward that little bit more with the fresh legs but did the above instead, repeatedly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Unless he’s on Bolasie money (maybe he is), I don’t see the point in loaning him out.

Agreed.

I'd be looking for a permanent move for him, not a loan.

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Agreed.

I'd be looking for a permanent move for him, not a loan.

Same. I reckon we could fetch 10m for him. Otherwise pointless selling him.

Man the squad needs such a rebuild again. Why did we always find ourselves in this bloody position? 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Same. I reckon we could fetch 10m for him. Otherwise pointless selling him.

Man the squad needs such a rebuild again. Why did we always find ourselves in this bloody position? 

I doubt we'd get more than £5m, if that.

I'd still look to sell him thou.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I doubt we'd get more than £5m, if that.

I'd still look to sell him thou.

5m? No way McCormack went for more and he was older. KodjiA is a very dangerous player  form. There is no way we would sell for 5m.

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wouldn't be sad to see him go to be honest, he slows our play down, gives away stupid free kicks after running into people....yesterday he was terrible when he came on, he should have been driving us forward that little bit more with the fresh legs but did the above instead, repeatedly. 

He has talent, but just a show pony.

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't blame him really. I would prefer to play him over bolassie or adomah.

Problem is they are all hit and miss.

we are short of grafters, with ability.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

5m? No way McCormack went for more and he was older. KodjiA is a very dangerous player  form. There is no way we would sell for 5m.

But McCormack goes for 0 now.

Kodija might still be dangerous, but is too inconsistent.

Only clubs in England can afford to pay such money for him, not sure any would.

France is the most likely destination and I think £5m is about the best we could hope for there.

1 minute ago, sne said:

But McCormack goes for 0 now.

Kodija might still be dangerous, but is too inconsistent.

Only clubs in England can afford to pay such money for him, not sure any would.

France is the most likely destination and I think £5m is about the best we could hope for there.

I’d be surprised if we got more than £5m too - his first season was very good but his worth will have dropped considerably since then and he has had a few injuries too 

I wondered if there was something more to last weeks shenanigans than met the eye. 

Seemed odd. 

I would take money if we can reinvest it but it would be criminal to lose him I in order to keep playing a complete fraud like Bolasie. 

• Like 1

Â