Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

VERY initial impression, but I'm hoping we haven't been conned by another Premier League team. West Brom sold us an experienced, captain, player of the season JUST as he'd fallen off a cliff physical/legs wise...

From what I've seen of Jedinak so far, I'm getting that impression again. Seems very slow and laboured in his performances so far and offered very little fight in either an attacking or defensive sense.

However, he's been injured, he's settling in to a new team and he undoubtedly will have a much better attitude than Lescott anyway so I'm just hoping my initial fears are put to bed in the next five or six games. With such a weak midfield it is vital he performs to a high standard as there is absolutely no one to replace him.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I thought he had a good game yesterday (apart from that "shot").  He did what he's in the team to do.  Just needs a more dynamic presence alongside him.  Step forward Tish and try not to hurt yourself doing it.

Fixed for you.

I agree through, he did well first half against Brentford as well. It would just be nice to see him in a team with a midfield rather than expecting him to be the midfield.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he kept that ticking over ;)

Excellent comeback. I'll concede the point :-) (Though it's historically, factually and IMO even semantically incorrect. But this is VT, after all, and I've seen worse on here over the years on the subject of players and managers. )

Play Lyden with Jedinak at DM. Aussie warriors.. at least they will fight. 

Westwood just lets players get passed him and they cause an overlap. Gutless wonder. Gardner does okay.. but only in a midfield three. Would think even with Jedinak Tishbola we may still need to see a third in midfield.. a bit more advanced. If its a good team we may need Gardner/Westwood.. if its an easier side maybe we could gamble with Grealish or McCormack in AM. 

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 22:18, KHV said:

You might like him because he has a nice beard but he really isn't anything special and at 32 was a complete waste of money 

As a fellow Aussie I don't like disagreeing with you, but on Mile I will stand my ground. He is STILL an awesome player for the role he plays. Massive leader and crucial backbone to our team. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
I may have got you confused with someone with a very similar name but my point stands

On 18/09/2016 at 11:13, NurembergVillan said:

I thought he had a good game yesterday (apart from that "shot").  He did what he's in the team to do.  Just needs a more dynamic presence alongside him.  Step forward Tish.

He made 0 tackles against Ipswich and passed the ball accurately 58% of the time (only Gollini was worse).  If he's not making tackles and passing the ball on, what's his job that he did so effectively?

Â