Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Again a case of calling somebody shit after literally no time.

Why!? Give people a chance who have just joined the club you love. It's madness.

Madness is right. The guy was adored by Palace fans for his play and leadership, yet some have already judged and labelled him as crap before he has even kicked a ball at VP. There used to be a time when supporters got behind players and judged them on what they did each week - good and bad. Bored of these groundless player assassinations.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Again a case of calling somebody shit after literally no time.

Why!? Give people a chance who have just joined the club you love. It's madness.

in fairness he is not some kid plucked from middle of France, he has 90 Premier League games so people have obviously seen him play

7 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Madness is right. The guy was adored by Palace fans for his play and leadership, yet some have already judged and labelled him as crap before he has even kicked a ball at VP. There used to be a time when supporters got behind players and judged them on what they did each week - good and bad. Bored of these groundless player assassinations.

I expect the protagonists have bought him into their FIFA team and he has not done well enough for them. That's my guess. 

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness he is not some kid plucked from middle of France, he has 90 Premier League games so people have obviously seen him play

I'd suggest that whilst people may have seen him play in televised games or highlights, people will not have seen him play at the match more than a few times. He plays in a position where it's much more important to see the full picture as to how he is impacting a game. In short, he's not going to stand out from the highlights and his work off the ball is almost more important than what he does when on the ball.

Palace fans loved the guy and he's been a good Premiership player. I'm more than prepared to give him a chance and see what he offers rather than writing off the guy after one poor half at Bristol where the whole team played badly. He may turn out to be a bad buy but let's at least see what he has to offer us before we start to get on his back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I'd suggest that whilst people may have seen him play in televised games or highlights, people will not have seen him play at the match more than a few times. He plays in a position where it's much more important to see the full picture as to how he is impacting a game. In short, he's not going to stand out from the highlights and his work off the ball is almost more important than what he does when on the ball.

Palace fans loved the guy and he's been a good Premiership player. I'm more than prepared to give him a chance and see what he offers rather than writing off the guy after one poor half at Bristol where the whole team played badly. He may turn out to be a bad buy but let's at least see what he has to offer us before we start to get on his back.

Agree- if he was fit enough to play Sunday Jedinak is the player who wouldn't of lost that 50 50 ball Westwood did that lead to their first goal, and as poor as the team was second half against Bristol he was very decent first half, winning the ball back from Bristol that then lead to our goal

He is the type of player who has been lacking from this midfield for years, and will be pivotal if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge 

23 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

That's fair - but they're not groundless player assassinations. He's an average midfielder who is very limited. I know this because I've watched him for a few seasons (not him particularly in detail, but enough to know how decent I view him as). People are quite right to form opinions based on what they've seen, no?

I hope he does well for us, of course. 

Just now, bobzy said:

People are quite right to form opinions based on what they've seen, no?

Of course they are, but stupid comments like 'is crap, only rated because he has a beard' are dreadful. Talking down to fans and making them seem like idiots.

He played some decent balls in the first half, but went missing in the second half. That might be just to fatigue and we didn't have anyone to sub him for other than Gardner, but we subbed Rudy off instead.

57 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He played some decent balls in the first half, but went missing in the second half. That might be just to fatigue and we didn't have anyone to sub him for other than Gardner, but we subbed Rudy off instead.

went missing as the forwards all got sucked closer to the defence and closed out play,  he didnt have room to do his job or a partner to help.

• Like 1

Â