Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

He's played well, but I still feel he goes searching for that mighty header too much.  It takes him out of position, so if whatever reason he doesn't get the header, it leaves a gaping hole in defence.  He just needs to be a bit more disciplined and spatially aware to become a better CB, it shouldn't take him too long to figure that out. 

• Like 2

Best case scenario he will develop into a inferior Robert Huth type CB who can fill in if need be. 

Although I imagine it is quite difficult to learn a new position at his age, positioning the main issue for him.

For me I'd let him go at the end of the season regardless the outcome.

Salary to usefulness and ability just doesn't justify him considering our economy.

He will be 34 years old on £50,000 a week, nobody will be taking that salary off our hands to be fair. Whilst his salary is far from ideal he will still have a role to play next year, and retiring after the world cup will benefit him and us greatly.

4 hours ago, sne said:

For me I'd let him go at the end of the season regardless the outcome.

Salary to usefulness and ability just doesn't justify him considering our economy.

It's not really an option given his age and salary. He's yet another player we literally can't give away. It seems the lessons of the past weren't retained by the Dr. X team.

22 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Not really sure I understand the complaints about this one. He's 33 with one year after this left on his deal and has had a good two years at Villa for the most part. Would be a useful squad player next season if we go up and his experience around the club is an added benefit. He's not really a player that I'd be moaning about the value for money that we've had out of.

Agree. Very Useful squad player if can stay fit.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2018 at 12:02, rodders0223 said:

He will be 34 years old on £50,000 a week, nobody will be taking that salary off our hands to be fair. Whilst his salary is far from ideal he will still have a role to play next year, and retiring after the world cup will benefit him and us greatly.

Where did you get that info? Very surprised to hear he on 50k a week. 

I guess we probably had to offer him big money to persuade to drop down a league. 

It was reported he was given a £55.000/w contract when he signed for us.

Now if that was correct I do not know.

FWIW Football Manager 17 has him as earning 52.000 Euro/ week and they are often pretty accurate. But still, it's just a game so I would not put too much stock in them.

• 2 weeks later...

He has really turned up for us in some big games this season so well played Jed.

Hopefully he won't be too knackered for the second leg though as we have seen him not be as effective when playing two games in a week.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He has really turned up for us in some big games this season so well played Jed.

Hopefully he won't be too knacked for the second leg though as we have seen him not be as effective when playing two games in a week.

He was a concern to me last year but is rock solid for us now. 

Â