Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Still not sure what Bjarnason did to not earn this spot.  When he played there, we looked effective going forwards and won each game.  With Jedinak back, we've basically become a set piece team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I stated I had my concerns about jedinak being unable to play so many games in shirt space. It was poor decision not to start bjarnason

Bjarnasson was as bad as anyone else when he came on.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Could have been different if he started though. Guess we will never know now.

I very much doubt that including Bjarnasson from the start would have somehow changed that game. Especially as Jedinak was actually decent in the first half.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I very much doubt that including Bjarnasson from the start would have somehow changed that game. Especially as Jedinak was actually decent in the first half.

He looked knackered to me. did his best but we have to look after the likes of jedinak and terry. these guys are well into their 30s. asking them to play 3 times in a week is a huge gamble.

tuanzebe injured and god knows where samba is so who do we have to play for terry who had his worst game for us. another who looked knackered. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He looked knackered to me. did his best but we have to look after the likes of jedinak and terry. these guys are well into their 30s. asking them to play 3 times in a week is a huge gamble.

tuanzebe injured and god knows where samba is so who do we have to play for terry who had his worst game for us. another who looked knackered. 

I don't really see the knackered angle. I don't think the players looked knackered last night. They were just all shit. Fatigue is an easy excuse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really see the knackered angle. I don't think the players looked knackered last night. They were just all shit. Fatigue is an easy excuse.

i agree with most the team the fatigue is a cop out, but jedinak and terry they looked tired.

Cardiff and Wolves had no problem with fatigue so for me is a excuse 

I thought Jedinak was one of our better players in the first half, but there were moments where he looked knackered to me.

When a player gets away from him, he often reaches out and pulls them down. In the first half he did this and gave QPR a freekick in a really dangerous position. I think a player of his experience should be avoiding doing this.

• Sad 1

It wasn't tiredness per se but more intensity. QPR were winning every second ball and they were harrying our players. The young lad Eze (?) gave him the runaround. When Jedi had the ball he made the simple pass but he couldn't close down space quick enough. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought he was probably our best player first half.

Didn't do well in the 3 at the back though.

Should have gone to Specsavers, he was garbage first half, cant comment on second as I left at half time

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i agree with most the team the fatigue is a cop out, but jedinak and terry they looked tired.

Cardiff and Wolves had no problem with fatigue so for me is a excuse 

We can only comment on what we see.....the reasons behind what we see, sometimes lie at Bodymoor Heath.

We simply wasn't up for the physical encounter, which gives us the platform to apply our skills.....They rumbled us and we let them.

1 hour ago, tismyk said:

Should have gone to Specsavers, he was garbage first half, cant comment on second as I left at half time

Everyone was garbage. He was slightly less garbage than everyone else.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Everyone was garbage. He was slightly less garbage than everyone else.

Don't agree I thought Adomah and Grealish were really trying their best to make things happen and they were probably our best players first half. Jedinak was completely over run by Eze. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

IMO it's not worth having what is pretty much a central defender playing in midfield that you get with him in the team.

He still brings certain things, but a team fighting for promotion in the Championship shouldn't really need those things except for when defending a lead in the dying moments of a game.

We become a worse footballing side with him in it.

• Like 1

Â