Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Big game player.

Not sure he's the best fit against Fulham, they're a bit more mobile and I could see Jedi getting caught out. But it's hard to drop him after the last 2 games.

Be interesting to see what Bruce does.

Wouldnt like to be Bruce picking the side. 

Safe is to keep it unchanged which is probably what i would do. But for something different.

Would it be worth dropping Adomah (i really dont want to!) and playing Bikir/Whelan with Hourihane and Mile just for the extra legs. Move Grealish wide left or play him and Snoddy narrow just behind Grabban.

3 hours ago, KSV said:

Would it be worth dropping Adomah (i really dont want to!) and playing Bikir/Whelan with Hourihane and Mile just for the extra legs. Move Grealish wide left or play him and Snoddy narrow just behind Grabban.

Jesus no. If you did that then Grealish, who's our best player, would be playing a position he's not used to and not as effective. The team for the final will be the same as the semi final as long as their are no injuries or if Elmo is back. Also you can't play both Grealish and Snodgrass "narrow" behind Grabban. There wouldn't  be enough space for two players and it would mean you have no width whatsoever. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

The only decision to be made is Jedi/Whelan/Thor.

Jedi was immense against Boro but that is because they hoof it so his head ball magnet did the trick.

Fulham play it on the floor out from the keeper and through midfield.  We need to push them from the front and cause mistakes.  This worked  against them at Villa Park think Whelan played that game.  

Thor is more energetic than Whelan and has a goal in him so it's a difficult decision for the manager.  That is what he is paid for though!

Personally I would play Thor but I like a gamble and Bruce does not so expect to see Jedi there.

20 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Big game player.

Not sure he's the best fit against Fulham, they're a bit more mobile and I could see Jedi getting caught out. But it's hard to drop him after the last 2 games.

Be interesting to see what Bruce does.

Good dilemma to have.

Think he will start at Wembley due to him being in great form at present. But there are good options to replace him if it’s not working.

23 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The only decision to be made is Jedi/Whelan/Thor.

Jedi was immense against Boro but that is because they hoof it so his head ball magnet did the trick.

Fulham play it on the floor out from the keeper and through midfield.  We need to push them from the front and cause mistakes.  This worked  against them at Villa Park think Whelan played that game.  

Thor is more energetic than Whelan and has a goal in him so it's a difficult decision for the manager.  That is what he is paid for though!

Personally I would play Thor but I like a gamble and Bruce does not so expect to see Jedi there.

I honestly think there is zero chance Thor will start (at DM)

In reality it will be Jedinak. And if for somereason Jedinak can't play, it'll be Whelan.

Thor is (rightly imo) back to third choice. But it's great to have 3 good options for one position.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

On 17/05/2018 at 04:18, Stevo985 said:

I honestly think there is zero chance Thor will start (at DM)

In reality it will be Jedinak. And if for somereason Jedinak can't play, it'll be Whelan.

Thor is (rightly imo) back to third choice. But it's great to have 3 good options for one position.

It's interesting though Steve that our best run of the season (7 wins) came with Thor playing there. I know Jedi and Whelan have both been in great form but it shocked everyone how well Thor played that role at the time.

He was unfortunate to get injured which took him out of the team but I, like most doubt Bruce will play him. 

We're much more mobile as a team with Thor. But Jedinak excels when the pressure is on, we'd be mad not to start him in a final. I think him and Terry's composure and experience will be vital if we're to win this.

• Like 2

I really enjoy Thor, but I do think *sometimes*, there is an element of "headless chicken" about him.  With it being such a big game, and the game needing cool heads - I'd go with Jedi or Whelan. 

Jedi didn't really put a foot wrong against Boro, so I'd go with him, despite his limitations with mobility. 

2 out of 3 players will be let down, but that's why Bruce is manager.  Great to have good options. 

What is vitally important in the game is that we don't sit back too deeply, I've noticed we struggle to get the ball forward, when under pressure very well because we do lack a bit of pace/athleticism on the wings. 

Thor is a great option if we find ourselves losing though after 70 mins.  His energy means he can cover ground, yet he still offers that small goal threat.  A nice option to have, certainly. 

• Like 1

One thing that's impressed me over recent weeks is Jedi's mobility and energy.

Early on in his time here he couldn't complete 90 minutes and looked slow as hell.

He hasn't suddenly become Usain Bolt either but he seems far more able to get across the pitch and last for 90 minutes recently.

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

One thing that's impressed me over recent weeks is Jedi's mobility and energy.

Early on in his time here he couldn't complete 90 minutes and looked slow as hell.

He hasn't suddenly become Usain Bolt either but he seems far more able to get across the pitch and last for 90 minutes recently.

I think he has struggled to be 100% fit all season and only finally achieved it over the past few weeks. 

Its easy to forget he was actually one of our best players last season under Bruce.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Its easy to forget he was actually one of our best players last season under Bruce.

I don't know why.

He's been one of our better players this season when he's played.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know why.

It’s probably because he hasn’t played enough and had also had a couple of costly shockers. Shef United and QPR both spring to mind. He was outstanding against Birmingham and Wolves and has been of late. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know why.

Doing him too much courtesy there.  He's been shit and solid in equal measures and certainly not "one of our better players".  Snodgrass, Grealish, Grabban, Adomah, Chester and Hutton ahead of him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Doing him too much courtesy there.  He's been shit and solid in equal measures and certainly not "one of our better players".  Snodgrass, Grealish, Grabban, Adomah, Chester and Hutton ahead of him.

I disagree

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Classy of him along with Lloris and Kjaer to call for the lifting of the ban of group rivals Peru's captain Paolo Guerrero who is suspended for cocaine.

Slightly off topic, but as Jedinak is involved...

...is it really classy? I think Guerrero said he “accidentally” had cocaine in a tea or something. If he’s banned, he’s banned. Why should he get to have that ban revoked/temporarily lifted just to play in a World Cup? Sets a dangerous precedent IMO. 

54 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Slightly off topic, but as Jedinak is involved...

...is it really classy? I think Guerrero said he “accidentally” had cocaine in a tea or something. If he’s banned, he’s banned. Why should he get to have that ban revoked/temporarily lifted just to play in a World Cup? Sets a dangerous precedent IMO. 

Just read about this and I think they should lift the ban while the appeal is still going on. Should a whole nations fans suffer due to something that may have not even been the guys fault. 

But I can understand fifa’s Stance on it to. 

Going back to Jed. Has to start all day long. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â