Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Played well against boro over the two legs, probably the most mobile he’s looked since he’s been here. 

Not sure I’d play him against Fulham though, big decision for Bruce to make, which could be vital in the whole game 

Wow.

Brilliant performance. 

Heading. Tackling. Covering. Tracking, Chasing. Closing. Passing. Fighting.

We are at a lower level , but ‘ pro rata’ for this level I thought it was like watching Roy Keane at his best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Played well against boro over the two legs, probably the most mobile he’s looked since he’s been here. 

Not sure I’d play him against Fulham though, big decision for Bruce to make, which could be vital in the whole game 

He absolutely has to start against Fulham.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Who said that?

Midway through the first half quite a few around me were starting to groan at his and other's keeping of possession...

I think another occasion the crowd would have turned but I am thinking about the second half support and getting goosebumps. The support was brilliant last night, some of the roars of support that replaced the usual groans of frustration when we had to dig deep and had little to shout about were amazing.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Midway through the first half quite a few around me were starting to groan at his and other's keeping of possession...

I think another occasion the crowd would have turned but I am thinking about the second half support and getting goosebumps. The support was brilliant last night, some of the roars of support that replaced the usual groans of frustration when we had to dig deep and had little to shout about were amazing.

If people don't realise now that Jedinak is essentially a third centre back then I don't know when they will.

He's always going to be safety first and a lot of the backwards passes were when Terry or Chester passed it into him and he played it back to Johnstone. He's not the type of defensive midfielder to take a touch and turn towards the opposition goal and play a forward pass when he knows there is even the slightest chance he might not have the space to do so.

He does what he is there to do perfectly.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This happens every week to be fair. 

"FORWARD!"

yet everyone would moan if the ball was aimlessly hoofed forward.

Keeping possession seems to be a part of the game that has passed most of the population by.

38 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

If people don't realise now that Jedinak is essentially a third centre back then I don't know when they will.

He's always going to be safety first and a lot of the backwards passes were when Terry or Chester passed it into him and he played it back to Johnstone. He's not the type of defensive midfielder to take a touch and turn towards the opposition goal and play a forward pass when he knows there is even the slightest chance he might not have the space to do so.

He does what he is there to do perfectly.

Bang on.

but,

The Final will be whole different ball game......our approach will be different too.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This happens every week to be fair. 

"FORWARD!"

yet everyone would moan if the ball was aimlessly hoofed forward.

Keeping possession seems to be a part of the game that has passed most of the population by.

I heard groans around me as Chester, Terry, Jedinak and Hutton calmly played triangles around their strikers before moving it to Grealish in midfield. When we did rush it forward on the odd occasion and lost out we got caught on the break and Boro got the ball to Adama infront of the back 4.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What I noticed last night was that when sections of the crowd did begin to groan the majority would just turn up the volume of support to drown them out so that it could not be heard on the pitch or work its way around the stadium.  Excellent effort from the fans last night also.

• Thanks 1

Big game player.

Not sure he's the best fit against Fulham, they're a bit more mobile and I could see Jedi getting caught out. But it's hard to drop him after the last 2 games.

Be interesting to see what Bruce does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Big game player.

Not sure he's the best fit against Fulham, they're a bit more mobile and I could see Jedi getting caught out. But it's hard to drop him after the last 2 games.

Be interesting to see what Bruce does.

Barring injury, i'll bet my mortgage that Bruce will play him at Wembley and why not?  He's a big game player and i think the rest of the team trust him to protect the back four.  Last two games have been the best he's played for us.  Let Fulham worry about him, rather than us worry about whether he's right for the game. 

Â