Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

I personally don't understand why he is such a bad CB, cos that should be his natural position.

A monster when we are under pressure against decent, long-ball teams but should not be playing if we are trying to break teams down. So poor on the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If finances are a major issue, then of course we need to evaluate whether players are worth the financial outlay. Jedinak is in his mid-thrirties, and as I understand it on a big wage. 

I love the guy to bits, and I would like him to still be here next season if possible, but I don't think it would be beyond understanding if we had to move him, Whelan or both, on next season. 

We can't have players holding hands.....If he plays centre half next season, fine we will see how that goes, but we need someone dominant ,who doesn't need protection.

On 26/05/2018 at 23:48, tom_avfc said:

This forum is crap sometimes. He got us to the final and did ok during the game. Not the worst villa player on the pitch by a million miles. 

Our support pisses me off sometimes! 

Perhaps you should think with your head not with your heart. He's on a lot of money here and if you haven't noticed we're in a spot of financial bother.

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps you should think with your head not with your heart. He's on a lot of money here and if you haven't noticed we're in a spot of financial bother.

Oh I understand this completely and wouldn’t see a great issue if he goes assuming the finances are as bad as we are led to believe. It’s the accusations of him not being that good and being shown up the other day that frustrate me.

If he goes it’ll be because we can’t afford him not because we don’t want him. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently on £50k a week. 

Unfortunately another one not going anywhere until the contract runs out.  

With any luck someone abroad fancies making him a marquee signing, he has made his retirement money here already and he seems like the kind of big character not afraid of moving on. I like him, but he is one we can definitely afford to lose at this point in time.

Must've been on a similar amount at Palace.

Easy to make with hindsight but we shouldn't have gone so mad with transfers in September 2016 as we've got badly burnt with a fair few of them. Were never going up that season so should've rebuilt the team more gradually.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently on £50k a week. 

Unfortunately another one not going anywhere until the contract runs out.  

I just cannot understand why anybody would sanction such a salary, for a contract which would take us beyond the parachute money cliff wall drop off. 

It's totally staggering, the money for that kind of wage would very clearly not be there without promotion. 

It just beggars belief, worse that the Gabby contract even. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here's what he said from the Australian World Cup camp the other day in regards to Villa.

About the playoff loss:

"I don't have a lot a lot of words for it," Jedinak said. "It's not a nice way to lose, especially in a game of that magnitude.

"A really disappointing way to end what was a good season; one that we all had high hopes for but unfortunately on the day we let ourselves down."

About his future:

Jedinak says he "isn't too sure" what the future holds for him.

"I haven't really had too much discussion with anyone from there yet. There may be a decision to make," he said.

"That might change, but I do have a year left on my contract."

Link

He hasn't got it in him to play midfield twice a week, but he's still a very effective player to have.

I think he'd be great as the central defender in a back 3.  It's a less physically demanding position than DM, so we'd get more games out of him.  Plus if it's true we're getting Tuanzebe back again next season, I think a potential 3 of:  Chester* - Jedi - Tuanzebe could really suit all 3 of them.

* if we manage to keep hold of him!!

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is you g to pay him 50k a week at his age. Xia and di matteo two absolute clowns 

While I agree I doubt either of them where handling the negotiations with the player/agent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

While I agree I doubt either of them where handling the negotiations with the player/agent.

Possibly. I should have thrown in wyness and round too. Absolute clowns the lot of them. This is worse than under Lerner for the finances 

• Like 1

Â