James Chester

KJT123

Wasn't impressed when we signed him - perhaps partly down to the fact that I wanted a taller partner for Elphick, even so I thought he was overpriced.

Happy to say I was miles off.  He's fast becoming my favourite player.  Reads the game superbly, comfortable with the ball at his feet and looks a model pro.

On 8/1/2017 at 20:26, av1 said:

Grealish wouldn't get anywhere near the spurs squad. 

outside their 1st 13/14 players the Spurs squad isnt that brilliant. Jack would definitely give them more than Sissoko and even Gabby would probably offer more than Janssen :P

going OT but i think grealish under pochetino and training and playing alongside erikson and ali every day for the last 2 years rather than the shit show we've had i think its safe to say he'd be doing a bit better than he is at the moment

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Agreed - Chester and Elphick were exposed aerially in particular, but Baker offers that.  I've always thought it's good to have one composed, ball-playing centre back and one guts-on-the-line centre back - much like Ferdinand and Vidic were at Man Utd.  Chester and Baker is our Championship equivalent.

God and Teale.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Good player with Baker, average to shit defender without him or to be precise playing with Elphick

I'd say that is why he is in the championship and not the prem. Like Elphick they both need someone next to them to do the "donkey work" and head the ball away. If he was taller and stronger he'd be a top prem CB.

Â