James Chester

KJT123

Perhaps its a case of the keeper being unsure of the centre backs and the centre backs being unsure of the goalkeeper and therefore its never going to be right until they get together and work it out, concentrating on their weaknesses.  Then they can become an effective unit concentrating on their weaknesses as a unit.   The strengths look after themselves.  Its like building a wall if you don't sort out the weak points first then no matter what the strengths are it will fall down as is happening now.  Its very similar to doing a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).  

So we know what the strengths are:height, tackling 

The weaknesses are the lack of confidence in each other and as a unit to do the correct things and be an effective unit

The opportunities are admitting that there are problems and therefore taking steps to rectify them and admitting that nothing is perfect and mistakes will happen, but the opportunity is their to fix them.

The threats are there for all to see if they don't do the former then the latter is never going to change.

If your car cannot go up the hill very well in 4th gear and for because of your stubbornness you don't drop down a gear then the car will always struggle and eventually it will breakdown, sounds simple but that's my analogy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Probably more nervous with the calamity in green stood behind him. 

as captain and experienced centre half, isnt it his job to help that the keeper isnt forced into mistakes

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

as captain and experienced centre half, isnt it his job to help that the keeper isnt forced into mistakes

I agree but but he should also be confident with his keeper and be able to get on with his own game. 

I cant see what difference chester could have done to prevent Johnstone conceding either goal yesterday. 

The first was an awful fumble from a regulation save. 

He was partly at fault for the second goal I think. He challenged for a header, which left the goalscorer he should have been marking free to shoot and score.

The header he challenged for was daft because Baker was marking the man it was going to. Perhaps a shout from Baker and even if the ball falls at the strikers feet Chester is there to block.

It's poor defending.

Not been anywhere near as assured as he was when gollini was here - does johnstoNe shout at all or organise ? 

Chester is a quality defender but has given away some silly free kicks recently - not the calming influence he was recently - hopefully the back 3 will become settled now and he will benefit.

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Another really poor display. The lack of discipline him and Elphick have is pretty outrageous. They are often just going right through the back of opposing forwards who play with their backs to goal, giving away unnecessary and down right stupid free kicks. 

Both Chester and Elphick are very experienced players but making rookie mistakes, it's just not good enough. 

It was pretty sure entirely Chester vs. Forest.  I think Elphick went through the back of an opponent once - Chester about 4 times.  Plus just ridiculous for the second goal, going for the same header as Baker yet again.  His lack of discipline has directly cost us 3 goals in the last 2 games.

Edited by bobzy

• 3 weeks later...

Thought he was outstanding in the second half with all the clearences and just generally reading the play well.

To me he's the one premier league quality player we have in the squad....in that if we get promoted next season I wouldn't have any worries over him not stepping up.

Be interesting to see if there's any bids for him this summer, must keep.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

While Kodjia understandably is raking in all the glory, I think our defense is the unsung hero of our newest turnaround. They cannot give any chances to the opposition since our goalie is so weak. And they haven't.

In the middle of all this stands Chester. Our Captain and still my PotS so far.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 3

Â