James Chester

KJT123

It's been said before so I'm just repeating the sentiment but I think Chester has looked assured and calm in defence, and has shown good distribution too, which we have had neither of in years. 

I prefer him much more to Elphick who's disappointed me and I think Chester plays better with Baker alongside, it gives us much more balance in defence. Hope Bruce sticks with them and Baker avoids a head injury and they can form a solid partnership 

• Like 1

On 15 October 2016 at 22:44, Woodytom said:

Lucky to stay on the field.

Another one who is dogshit

Brilliant today. Fought and battled through the whole game. These games are never good. Captained the side well and very little got past him. 

Reactionist shit again.

On 10/30/2016 at 16:05, Keyblade said:

I can see why this guy used to be highly rated. Was a rock.

I don't think he ever wasn't highly rated? Pulis preferred Evans and McAuley, which is fair enough I guess. 

Such a smooth defender and seems to know exactly what to do at any given time. I was worried Donaldson might bully him on Sunday, despite his two chances that wasn't really the case. He's leading the line well, long may it continue. 

I honestly think Elphick through his own poor form made him look worse than he was.

Looking at his past he needs a no-nonsense dominant CB alongside him. He plays with Williams for Wales and they both look solid and at Hull he had Davies and Dawson as partners.

Baker is a better compliment to his game so we should leave it as it is until Baker picks up his inevitable injury.

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think he ever wasn't highly rated? Pulis preferred Evans and McAuley, which is fair enough I guess. 

Such a smooth defender and seems to know exactly what to do at any given time. I was worried Donaldson might bully him on Sunday, despite his two chances that wasn't really the case. He's leading the line well, long may it continue. 

Definitely was highly rated when he was in the Championship with Hull. I remember us being heavily linked to him before West Brom signed him.

Â