James Chester

KJT123

I liked how he was calming everyone down when the penalty was given, Bacuna ran up to the referee but Chester could see that he was about to do something stupid so quickly intervened. Moments like that could lead to a sending off and could swing the momentum away from us. A calming presence, both with the football and without. Class act. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Excellent in first half, not excellent in the second. Only him and Grealish wouldn't look out of place in spurs second 11.

Grealish wouldn't get anywhere near the spurs squad. 

Living in black country i know an awful lot of dingles, and my step father is also a baggies fan. Over the last few months when i have spoke about Chester the response seems to always be the same, they maybe wouldn't have sold him but he wasn't as good as Olsen (sp) and Evans so they weren't really sad to see him leave. 

And my response is also always the same, I must be watching a different game to those nutters at the Hawthorns because this bloke is class. He maybe could have done better for the first goal today, but I'm really loving the bloke. I'd go as far as to say he's be best of the summer signings and someone I'll have no concerns about if/when we get promoted. 

Edited by av1

said in the match thread as a ball playing centre back which is apparently so coveted IMO after watching both of them this weekend (and obviously chester quite closely a lot this season) his touch and composure on the ball is better than stones, id say stone maybe has a better ability at finding space and making himself available but in terms of with the ball at his feet its chester all day for me

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah this has been a good signing. Wouldn't look out of place in a few PL teams in my opinion.

He might be our only player who I would say is capable of making the step up to the PL.

I'm sure some others are, some would surprise you, but Chester is the one I'd have most confidence in.

I know he didn't make it at West Brom for whatever reason but given a chance I think he'd be competent at that level.

13 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Perfect foil for Baker. They compliment each other well. Easily the pick of the summer signings.

Agreed - Chester and Elphick were exposed aerially in particular, but Baker offers that.  I've always thought it's good to have one composed, ball-playing centre back and one guts-on-the-line centre back - much like Ferdinand and Vidic were at Man Utd.  Chester and Baker is our Championship equivalent.

• Like 1

I think he is a decent CB playing in a team that has a glaring midfield problem, so i can see him getting better when the medicine has gone down.

He is a tad on the small side for CB for me, but Macca wasn't colossal .....but I guess its about reading the game.

To be honest the 2 X CB's look ok to me......a few errors, but that is not surprising with out imbalance.

53 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agreed - Chester and Elphick were exposed aerially in particular, but Baker offers that.  I've always thought it's good to have one composed, ball-playing centre back and one guts-on-the-line centre back - much like Ferdinand and Vidic were at Man Utd.  Chester and Baker is our Championship equivalent.

Evans & McNaught.

Laursen & Mellberg

Macca & Eghiogu/Southgate

......sorry I'm drooling.

• Like 1

Â