Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's a results business. Win games and all is forgiven. Don't win games and everything will be questioned from your tactics to your features resembling a tuberous crop. 

Its the nature of the game. Lose the next 2 and Bruce, Round and Wyness will be the most hated people at Villa again.

At least I'm consistent with my dislike for the CEO but because my latest views have been on the back of some wins everyone loves him. I should have aired my views in December, 

As for McCormack. I don't think he will get a move so makes sense for him to give his best and Villa to give him another chance to prove himself. 

Ah right, nothing to do with not being able to whinge about the Manager then.............

And no, the Villa should not give him another chance, if he earns another chance then fair enough but I'd like to think we're well past giving this guy anything except for a P45.

We are where we are. Melbourne cant stump up for him and he's already played for us. The only other club he could turn out for would be a league like the MLS that starts at a different time to ours and only then if he's sold outright, he can't go and play on loan.

We don't know what's been said between them or indeed what's gone on between them but he's here now.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right, nothing to do with not being able to whinge about the Manager then.............

And no, the Villa should not give him another chance, if he earns another chance then fair enough but I'd like to think we're well past giving this guy anything except for a P45.

What are you talking about? I'm normally defending the over reactions about Bruce. 

He needs to be given a chance to earn a chance.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Where have you been for the past 18 months, can only assume not on here.

Even his harshest critics would concede he is a good man manager. But that's only one (diminishing in importance) part of being a manager.

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Even his harshest critics would concede he is a good man manager. But that's only one (diminishing in importance) part of being a manager.

Would they?

How about it:

@Grasshopper @Dave J @Villan_of_oz @DCJonah @AvfcRigo82 @dn1982 @srsmithusa @vreitti @Tomaszk @TheStagMan

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't see how anyone can interpret that Bruce interview as "proffering an olive branch"? 

Reads to me like: "I'm stuck with this bloke, so I have to pay lip service to the idea that he could be used. But I can't stand him, and I know damn well he's finished here". 

Yeah 'I wish he was on the other side of the planet' doesn't sound too promising for him. 

• Haha 2

It's obvious to me what Bruce really means by "2 weeks off" and it's no olive branch.

The guy has just been playing and scoring, he is match fit. By giving him 2 weeks off Bruce will then have an excuse to say 'now get match fit'. 

He's just keeping him out of the picture. If there was a plan to actually use him, now would be it as he's come back confident. 

51 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It's obvious to me what Bruce really means by "2 weeks off" and it's no olive branch.

The guy has just been playing and scoring, he is match fit. By giving him 2 weeks off Bruce will then have an excuse to say 'now get match fit'. 

He's just keeping him out of the picture. If there was a plan to actually use him, now would be it as he's come back confident. 

or he could possibly be testing his attitude? maybe. He could turn down the 2 weeks off and say he wants to train and be in contention for selection,

or take 2 weeks and prove that he isn't interested in playing a part in the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, Nath_s91 said:

or he could possibly be testing his attitude? maybe. He could turn down the 2 weeks off and say he wants to train and be in contention for selection,

or take 2 weeks and prove that he isn't interested in playing a part in the rest of the season.

"But you said I could take two weeks off mate"

"I know"

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I've given him credit when it has been deserved. 

Your original post on him joining is still probably more negative on Bruce than anything posted since by the people you moan about.

He has a reputation of being a good man manager.  

Does his performance at villa with:

McCormack

Gaby

Richards

Elphick

most of the young uns.

Veretout, Gil, the 532 others we have out on loan (number exaggerated just because I don't care enough to look it up)

indicate that?

i would say he wins more than he loses managing players..... if that's a "good man manager" or what's expected of a manager I'll leave each to his own opinion.

• Like 1

Â