Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't see how anyone can interpret that Bruce interview as "proffering an olive branch"? 

Reads to me like: "I'm stuck with this bloke, so I have to pay lip service to the idea that he could be used. But I can't stand him, and I know damn well he's finished here". 

My interpretation exactly. 

'We'll see how it goes'

'I'd have liked him to have stayed in Australia'

'Why don't you have a couple of weeks off?'

Seems pretty **** obvious where he stands to me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My interpretation exactly. 

'We'll see how it goes'

'I'd have liked him to have stayed in Australia'

'Why don't you have a couple of weeks off?'

Seems pretty **** obvious where he stands to me. 

Absolutely this.

Giving him time off is not going to help anyone.

So 3 weeks or so out, he will come back and need to spend another week or so getting match fit again. By then it is nearly March.

Just another delay tactic by Bruce, I don't think McCormack cares either, I.could be wrong but its how its starting to look.

11 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Without wishing to take this OT.

3 points off second "Might be a glimmer of hope".

:blink:

I think you may have misunderstood - I was referring to a glimmer of hope for McCormack to be honest 

22 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Are those people critical of SB?

Can’t say I’d picked that up. :wacko:

Oh here we go more sarky digs from the usual suspects. Bruce had almost got us to where we need to be, so woe betide aanyone who has dared to question. BORING!

Bruce is doing alright at the moment. Nearly where he needs to be. And credit to him for that. That does not excuse a year of shite beforehand that has been rightly criticised. I suggest you stop trying digs at people and enjoy where we are at the moment.

As for man management...."I wish he'd stayed in Australia"

Great man management that!!!! :-)

Anyway, dragging this back to Ross. I hope he does prove himself and play a part in our return to the premier league as it is good for Villa. If he doesn't, that will be disappointing but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

He has a reputation of being a good man manager.  

Does his performance at villa with:

McCormack - Debateable

Gaby - Yes

Richards - None of us know

Elphick - Yes

most of the young uns - Yes

Veretout, Gil, the 532 others we have out on loan (number exaggerated just because I don't care enough to look it up) - Yes

indicate that?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With grabban signing pretty sure he won't play for us again unless a big injury crisis 

Hogan is injury prone so just like that he could make the bench. But yeah your probably right..  Brucie  doesnt fancy him. 

14 minutes ago, KSV said:

Hogan is injury prone so just like that he could make the bench. But yeah your probably right..  Brucie  doesnt fancy him. 

I think Bruce has shown that he is willing to bring players back if they apply themselves well. i think and its a big if mccormack shows he is willing to work his way back in he may get his chance. cant see it myself though mind you 

• Like 2

Very impressive record here in Australia. Put David Villa's efforts to shame. No joke, slightly harsh.

I was actually a bit disappointed to see the loan signing of Grabban, even though he is an unknown entity for me.

I was hoping both Ross and Steve could be professional and put the club first rather than being a laggard in Ross' case and a bit unforgiving in Bruce's.

Would of saved us some money anyway. Ross is certainly capable at this level.

Ross actually did miss games here in Australia due to being 'punished' for being absent at training.

So maybe there's a serious lack of seriousness with him.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Very impressive record here in Australia. Put David Villa's efforts to shame. No joke, slightly harsh.

I was actually a bit disappointed to see the loan signing of Grabban, even though he is an unknown entity for me.

I was hoping both Ross and Steve could be professional and put the club first rather than being a laggard in Ross' case and a bit unforgiving in Bruce's.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Grabban......but hopefully Hogan will make it hard for him.

Personally, I think Villa are just trying to be respectful to Ross.....I don't think they have any Interest in him.

I think this present administration value character and attitude right up there with Ability.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Hard to believe someone else won't be interested in him with the goals he's scored. 

Pray someone in Turkey or MLS or China or something would like to entertain him for a while. 

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Grabban......but hopefully Hogan will make it hard for him.

Personally, I think Villa are just trying to be respectful to Ross.....I don't think they have any Interest in him.

I think this present administration value character and attitude right up there with Ability.

Hopefully, on all the points you make.

31 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Ross actually did miss games here in Australia due to being 'punished' for being absent at training.

So maybe there's a serious lack of seriousness with him.

Really?#

Says it all, can't believe there's even a question as to whether we should reintegrate the guy.

• Like 1

Â