Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

yeah i dont buy the we gave him two weeks off. 

I think its more like.. we need you at this weight like we said in the summer.. you get into shape or close to it in 2 weeks then you can play again. 

Target has been set imo. The guy is confident.. you dont just banish him for a break after hes just got himself fit. Maybe a behind the doors friendly as well?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he does have this arrogance about him where he thinks he is the man ama he calls the shots. That might have been the. Ast at Fulham Leeds etc not at villa. No player is bigger than our club. When you look at the attitude of hogan to McCormack that's the kind of attitude we like.

on that note however if he is willing to knuckle down and help get us back to premier league then maybe just maybe the fans can forgive. 

I totally agree with this - As for Bruce's part in this, as much as I don't like him I say fair play for his approach to McCormack - this is all I have championed from Bruce is to at least offer a glimmer to Ross.

Its quite simply now it appears all down to the man himself to prove that he does want a future at Aston Villa - the time for talking is done - he needs to get out on the training ground at BH and work himself to a standstill and prove himself over.

i believe he is capable of this - he now needs to show he wants it badly enough.

fair play to SB.

• Like 2

He will go one of two routes -

The scott hogan route, work his arse off and earn a place on the bench and maybe prove a few haters wrong

Or

The agbonlahor route and steal a living from our club until we can loan him out again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Couple a million a year, 6 months in Australia and now gets a couple of weeks off to gather his thoughts. 

I'm In the wrong **** game! 

Yep and I think that was good of bruce to do this as perhaps a olive branch. But what's interesting is when bruce was talkibg about havibg four strikers and getting another in. He said he has hogan, davis gabby and RHM  (but his injury record is poor he highlighted that) no mention of mccormack

I want Ross to play his part but maybe Bruce was expecting him to say I don't need 2 weeks off i have just had months off in Oz.  I want to come in train hard and earn my place.

Couple of days with the family fine but another 2 weeks!? 

• Like 3

I think it's a 2 weeks to show where his head is and how much he wants it. Bruce giving Ross a bit of rope. Fanny around on  the booze and that's it... Put in some serious work and there is a way back. 

Over to you Ross - would be good to get you back and in form. 

7 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Two weeks Ross?! He's testing you to see how lazy you are. You're meant to say, 'No I want to play now!' And then prove it. 

I think its more like the Gabby 6 week program he got put on. Except he only gave 2 weeks to Ross. Lose 5kg in 2 weeks. Show me how much you want it when you return. 

Been one of Bruce’s critics but I admire him for the way he has handled this. Could have absolutely slatted McCormack and banished him to training with the kids but has thrown out yet another olive branch to the player.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Been one of Bruce’s critics but I admire him for the way he has handled this. Could have absolutely slatted McCormack and banished him to training with the kids but has thrown out yet another olive branch to the player.

It's almost as though, I don't know......like, he's a competent football manager or something.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's almost as though, I don't know......like, he's a competent football manager or something.

I don't think anybody has ever questioned his man management. It's his tactics people normally had a gripe with.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't push it bfH&V :) he has not exactly covered himself in total glory imo but at the end of the day it looks like there might be a glimmer of hope for everyone and quite rightly I offer credit where it's due - I don't like him still - but hey that's for another thread on another day.

Over to you Ross 

24 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Don't push it bfH&V :) he has not exactly covered himself in total glory imo but at the end of the day it looks like there might be a glimmer of hope for everyone and quite rightly I offer credit where it's due - I don't like him still - but hey that's for another thread on another day.

Over to you Ross 

Without wishing to take this OT.

3 points off second "Might be a glimmer of hope".

:blink:

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't think anybody has ever questioned his man management. It's his tactics people normally had a gripe with.

It's a results business. Win games and all is forgiven. Don't win games and everything will be questioned from your tactics to your features resembling a tuberous crop. 

Its the nature of the game. Lose the next 2 and Bruce, Round and Wyness will be the most hated people at Villa again.

At least I'm consistent with my dislike for the CEO but because my latest views have been on the back of some wins everyone loves him. I should have aired my views in December, 

As for McCormack. I don't think he will get a move so makes sense for him to give his best and Villa to give him another chance to prove himself. 

Â