Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Sometimes I really wonder at you - I made no bones about my disdain of Gabby - it was there for all to read - I did qualify this to Doug as well and yes I do struggle with the concept of Gabby being offered an olive branch but not Ross - if you can explain the difference in their behaviour - then please do - I will happily accept this - something I also put to Doug !!

But surely you can see they were both offered an olive branch. One took it and one went to Australia 

1 minute ago, weedman said:

But surely you can see they were both offered an olive branch. One took it and one went to Australia 

But surely one was told to go down under ? Whilst the other was welcomed back into the fold as if nothing had happened- now I firmly believe in offering second chances in all walks of life - and as I said if someone is able to categorically state the fundamental difference in their individual behaviour I will happily take this - but as stated I am just a lay Villa fan and on the surface it bemuses me  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Sometimes I really wonder at you - I made no bones about my disdain of Gabby - it was there for all to read - I did qualify this to Doug as well and yes I do struggle with the concept of Gabby being offered an olive branch but not Ross - if you can explain the difference in their behaviour - then please do - I will happily accept this - something I also put to Doug !!

When Bruce came in he stated that he would wipe the slate clean for all players. 

So far as we know Gabby has done nothing but work his nuts off from day 1. The day after we lost to Preston and a day before RDM was sacked Ross McCormack was seen falling over tables pissed in the middle of the daytime, and from what we are told that kind of unprofessional behaviour continued after Steve Bruce arrived and wiped said slate clean. 

Now I could not care less if Gabby never plays for the club again, but Steve Bruce is a man of his word and I admire that. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When Bruce came in he stated that he would wipe the slate clean for all players. 

So far as we know Gabby has done nothing but work his nuts off from day 1. The day after we lost to Preston and a day before RDM was sacked I saw Ross McCormack falling over tables pissed in the middle of the daytime, and from what we are told that kind of unprofessional behaviour continued. 

Now I could not care less if Gabby never plays for the club again, but Steve Bruce is a man of his word and I admire that. 

How did you see Ross so often?!

10 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Turned up for training on several occasions inebriated. Bruce isn’t one to hang a player out to dry unless he’s overstepped the mark. 

Sounds like McCormack needed hanging out, to dry out!

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

Doug - I am trying hard to put my disdain of Gabby as a professional footballer to one side for a moment, so please try and bear with me - so has Ross McCormack really behaved any worse than our so called one of our own during our relegation season - you speak of him missing training? But how did Gabby fall out of condition to be deemed not fit to play and then  Sent on his own personal training regime? if I read correctly - does this not equate to McCormack's  bahaviour which you speak of ? Now Doug you seem to be a well connected person - much more so than I could ever hope to - I am just an ordinary fan and you might know more than you feel comfortable to share on here? And if you say to me hand on heart that McCormack has way overstepped a line - I would be willing to accept this and close my support of him - but as I say as just an ordinary fan - I just find it a little odd that Bruce held out an olive branch in one direction- but not in another ?

So, you will accept the view of a fellow Internet forum member but not that of the club Manager? 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So far as we know Gabby has done nothing but work his nuts off from day 1. The day after we lost to Preston and a day before RDM was sacked Ross McCormack was seen falling over tables pissed in the middle of the daytime, and from what we are told that kind of unprofessional behaviour continued after Steve Bruce arrived and wiped said slate clean. 

If this is true, and I have no reason to think otherwise, surely this puts the debate to bed? 

IF he works hard and is integrated back into the team then fine, but if he's not can we cease with the supposed bewilderment at our non-usage of such a fine asset? 

With all due respect it was pretty obvious to most of us that there was something going on beyond a simple personal clash, I personally wouldn't want anyone of this mindset anywhere near the club right now.

• Like 1

He may have had his problems and behaved badly during them but he's produced whilst out on loan, what else can you ask from him. We have 2 fit strikers. Gabby can barely make it to the bench, let alone produce in first team games. I would have him on the bench next game without hesitation. Gabby doesn't seem to have even entertained the thought of going out on loan and proving himself. I'm much more content going into the season's end with Hogan, Davies and McCormack than I am with Hogan, Davies and Agbonlahor. If we can get decent money for him, move him on but if not, we currently have a player bang in form and full of confidence, I don't care what league he may have regained that form and confidence from. Let's use it. 

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

Doug - I am trying hard to put my disdain of Gabby as a professional footballer to one side for a moment, so please try and bear with me - so has Ross McCormack really behaved any worse than our so called one of our own during our relegation season - you speak of him missing training? But how did Gabby fall out of condition to be deemed not fit to play and then  Sent on his own personal training regime? if I read correctly - does this not equate to McCormack's  bahaviour which you speak of ? Now Doug you seem to be a well connected person - much more so than I could ever hope to - I am just an ordinary fan and you might know more than you feel comfortable to share on here? And if you say to me hand on heart that McCormack has way overstepped a line - I would be willing to accept this and close my support of him - but as I say as just an ordinary fan - I just find it a little odd that Bruce held out an olive branch in one direction- but not in another ?

Gabby did nothing wrong under Steve's management, Ross did plenty wrong.

It's that simple, I'll give Bruce grief over relevant issues, but this isn't one of them. 

I don't want Ross anywhere near the club. I understand he had some personal problems but that isn't a hall pass to be a complete wank and I've seen nothing from him since 'he got back on his feet' that suggests he is even the slightest bit remorseful. 

In fact from what I've seen of him while he has been here he hasn't said anything that makes me think he wants to come back here. 

Gabby and Ross are two incomparable players in my view.

Ps history shows I am not a fan of Gabby's either.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Watched his race to 13 clip. 4 penalties 4 free kicks. Will he take them over others if we even get that many? 4 tap ins against woeful defending. I live in NZ trust me A-League standard is junk. Leopards don't change their spots. He's a bad influence. Keep away

• Like 1

By all reports he was popular in the Melbourne dressing room. He went through a bad period of his life. He had one bad season. Gabby has had 5-6 and still features. Deserves a chance at least to redeem himself. One of my mates had a beer with him and he said he was a good bloke. Spoke highly of the club even though he had a rough time. He was upset the fans didn't see the best of him or hear his side of the story.  Didn't get along with Bruce though. So I doubt he will get another chance. Think he will be off to America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watched his race to 13 clip. 4 penalties 4 free kicks. Will he take them over others if we even get that many? 4 tap ins against woeful defending. I live in NZ trust me A-League standard is junk. Leopards don't change their spots. He's a bad influence. Keep away

Still got to put away chances. Gabby wouldn't score that many in the a league. Some of his goals were class. Even when playing against Premier League opposition these clubs have completed. Not as bad as people make out it is. Obviously no way near as good.. but you can't disregard the impact he had. Better players have played in the a league and not did as well. Del piero being one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Still got to put away chances. Gabby wouldn't score that many in the a league. Some of his goals were class. Even when playing against Premier League opposition these clubs have completed. Not as bad as people make out it is. Obviously no way near as good.. but you can't disregard the impact he had. Better players have played in the a league and not did as well. Del piero being one.

Not his ability that’s the problem - it’s his commitment 

I hope he’s not late this morning. I hear jet lag and a hangover can be a killer! 

Although, on a serious note. I believe he can offer something for the rest of the season, with the squad and him both full of confidence. However, if Bruce doesn’t believe he should be around the squad, then I’ll trust in that.

The last thing we need to do now is rock the boat!

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So, you will accept the view of a fellow Internet forum member but not that of the club Manager? 

To a degree to you right and I did respond to Doug in a similar vein as you allud to - however it was one of those posts that I closed my phone before saving was complete and  I'm afraid the moment had gone.

the point I feel you are not acknowledging is this - I don't  for one moment suggest McCormack has not stepped out of line nor would anyone else I would suggest- but my point is that Gabby also stepped way out of line in my view for what it is worth - feel free to disagree with this point of view if you wish - we could probably argue all weekend as to whose misdeanours we feel are better or worse- but the fact is Ross has flown to the other side of the world got himself fit and could yet play a role ? Gabby do tell - but moreover the basis of my point is simply this - why hold out an olive branch to one person but not another ? This still surprises me somewhat despite what Doug says and I have no reason at all to discount this.

Do you not think in professional sport what McCormack has tried to do is the correct thing to do ? Go out on loan , get fit , score a few goals - is this his way of saying - ok I got it wrong can we not try again please ?

Â