Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Very impressive record here in Australia. Put David Villa's efforts to shame. No joke, slightly harsh.

I was actually a bit disappointed to see the loan signing of Grabban, even though he is an unknown entity for me.

I was hoping both Ross and Steve could be professional and put the club first rather than being a laggard in Ross' case and a bit unforgiving in Bruce's.

Would of saved us some money anyway. Ross is certainly capable at this level.

Ross actually did miss games here in Australia due to being 'punished' for being absent at training.

So maybe there's a serious lack of seriousness with him.

I just feel like Ross McCormack and Aston villa are done. Steve Bruce knows this and this latest stance shows either party will resolve this issue while the club sits and waits will he return, won't he?

His recent interview at the Airport didn't fill me with any 'I'm back, I'm raring to go, if I apply myself in training off the back of my loan spell hopefully I can make the gaffer think otherwise kind of comments - but no. He came across as more of I'm having time off and il come back when I'm ready.

Bruce matchs this with 'I've gave him a few weeks off and go from there'.

I will be very suprised if we see him kick a ball here again despite folks personal thoughts of the man's ability as a footballer.

I think if they generally both see no future at Villa then they need to cancel his contract in the summer if there is no one willing to sign him before August 31st.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

And men of different character. One gives a damn and his committed to his craft, the other.... well lets be polite here... doesnt seem to. :)

14 goals in 16 games, even in Australia, would suggest otherwise.

We don't know how legitimate his reasons for missing training are, we can only speculate. The media would suggest and have us think that he has discipline issues. Yet there are so many variables and factors to consider. Not that I really care to when it comes to Ross lol.

I could be wrong though, maybe you have greater insight in to his attitude and track record than I do, and he is not reliable.

I do know that he missed training in Australia and as a result was dropped. I just take it as possible that his reasons are honest and missed out because he wasn't there to prepare for the upcoming performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I just feel like Ross McCormack and Aston villa are done. Steve Bruce knows this and this latest stance shows either party will resolve this issue while the club sits and waits will he return, won't he?

His recent interview at the Airport didn't fill me with any 'I'm back, I'm raring to go, if I apply myself in training off the back of my loan spell hopefully I can make the gaffer think otherwise kind of comments - but no. He came across as more of I'm having time off and il come back when I'm ready.

Bruce matchs this with 'I've gave him a few weeks off and go from there'.

I will be very suprised if we see him kick a ball here again despite folks personal thoughts of the man's ability as a footballer.

I think if they generally both see no future at Villa then they need to cancel his contract in the summer if there is no one willing to sign him before August 31st.

That's disappointing and a little unprofessional on both ends in my view, but hey, that's what personality conflict can cause.

Haven't seen the interviews myself but trust your judgement.

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

We don't know how legitimate his reasons for missing training are, we can only speculate. The media would suggest and have us think that he has discipline issues.

Na, I'm thinking the gates at his Australian accommodation where also f***d.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Skills said:

someone committed to the Villa cause would not take 2 weeks off during an exciting promotion battle...  says it all really

To be fair, as much as his laclustre interview at the airport seemed, he didn't put a time on how long he wanted time off for, it is Bruce who has slapped the couple of weeks off on his head.

If he is willing to fight for the cause then he will be back in a few days turning up at training and showing he is infact ready now and not needing Bruces couple of weeks off.  Time will tell.

39 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

14 goals in 16 games, even in Australia, would suggest otherwise.

We don't know how legitimate his reasons for missing training are, we can only speculate. The media would suggest and have us think that he has discipline issues. Yet there are so many variables and factors to consider. Not that I really care to when it comes to Ross lol.

I could be wrong though, maybe you have greater insight in to his attitude and track record than I do, and he is not reliable.

I do know that he missed training in Australia and as a result was dropped. I just take it as possible that his reasons are honest and missed out because he wasn't there to prepare for the upcoming performance.

I definitely don't :) You could well be right. I hope so. It would be nice to have another option. I have to say regardless of what actually happened this guy definitely pissed off Steve Bruce and repairing that relationship is on them.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

I do know that he missed training in Australia and as a result was dropped.

This was media speculation though... the manager then came out and said no, he missed training and then a match because he was injured.

17 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

This was media speculation though... the manager then came out and said no, he missed training and then a match because he was injured.

I remember thinking that the case in point for it being true was pretty sound, though I don't remember the details.

Never a convincing perspective when you can't remember the details!

You're right to point out though that my source is from the media. I just remember thinking at the time that the article had sound reasoning rather than speculation.

I'm aware of what the coach said.

Edited by A'Villan

7 hours ago, TRO said:

different characters.

For sure but didn't realise McCormack was that kind of character. It only came to light after we signed him. If Bruce was here at the time I would say I guarantee we wouldn't have signed McCormack. I think he would have gone for Hernandez instead 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

For sure but didn't realise McCormack was that kind of character. It only came to light after we signed him. If Bruce was here at the time I would say I guarantee we wouldn't have signed McCormack. I think he would have gone for Hernandez instead 

McCormack was bought by RDM who was treating us like a first save on FM17.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Didn't Hernandez want something like £100K per week though?

Do we know what fully happened back then? If I remember there were rumors that McCormack was having some serious mental health issues. If that is true, I think we should be a bit more forgiving. People do breakdown sometimes. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

And men of different character. One gives a damn and his committed to his craft, the other.... well lets be polite here... doesnt seem to. :)

thats what I meant.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Do we know what fully happened back then? If I remember there were rumors that McCormack was having some serious mental health issues. If that is true, I think we should be a bit more forgiving. People do breakdown sometimes. 

Yep. Doesnt make it any less annoying, just like the collywobble when we thought we had a worldy in stan collymore. 

But everyones different and people need to understand that, no matter how frustrating.

• Like 1

Someone needs to provide me with some actual proof in here of mental illness. Or simply leave it to the previous pages. There's no evidence of it, no one around McCormack or the club has ever alluded to it and yet people in this thread talk about it like it's sacrosanct and a reason for sympathy and empathy.

However, what has at least been corroborated anecdotally on here is that he likes a drink and didn't turn up to training.

They are not the same thing any more than they are mutually exclusive.

How come it's easier for people to imagine a scenario that can be saved? Why aren't people assuming that when Bruce turned up at his house he had to fight his way through the coke and hookers from an all night bender before McCormack squared up to him on a coke filled rage and threatened him and his family? I mean if we're gonna go into inventing scenarios, wouldn't it be more fun to go all Tarantino?

• Like 1

The guy hasnt had these off field issues before and has played and scored goals every season/club he has joined in the last 6-7 years. 

Lets look at what we can see from the outside looking in:

- last year he divorced his wife and she took the kids away. Now this is a pretty big deal to anyone.. footballer or not.. taking my kids away would cripple me too. 

- he had that issue with his mouth that needed surgery. I remember seeing the pictures. 

- Fitness issues... due to depression or drinking who knows.. but clearly for him to get divorced.. there was something that caused this and hes had to deal with it. 

- Melbourne. He wasnt dropped for disciplinary issues.. he was injured.. that was dismissed the next day in Australian media. 

- In Melbourne he did what he does best... scored goals.. shit league or not.. he scored goals and got his confidence back. I saw Bristol V Bolton this morning.. that match was just as poor as any a league game. Poor poor game of football.

Now.. these are his excuses/reasons for failing to turn up to training. Problem is.. in real life we still go to work. So Bruce was right to dismiss him.  Bruce seems like a fair guy that will give him another chance if he proves it. Clearly if he has sorted his issues and he goes back to training... fighting and playing well.. then he will get a chance. I hope he does. Ball is in his court. Hogan/Grabban get injured.. he will be next one on the bench. Even Grealish getting injured.. id love to see RMAC in that number 10 role rather than Onomah. 

Again.. it will come down to him.. theres a spot for him if he proves to Bruce that he is prepared for the fight.  I would this Snoddy and him would be friends.. did they play on international duty? maybe he can help him along. 

Deserves another go IMO........IF....... he comes back with the right attitude. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Â