Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

equally, I think I read somewhere that Hogan was not over struck on him....not sure why?

maybe I dreamt it....but I think he mentioned around the time of his signing and McCormack was on his way out.

Probably because, Scott's game is based on hard work ie making runs in behind defences, whilst Ross's game is based on doing f.a and blaming everything but himself. 

I'm sure Ross would upset a lot of professional footballers that he crosses paths with.

Pretty sure I read recently that there was a rumour that one of his old clubs were interested in him. At this club he was the leading goalscorer in his last season for them, but they don't want him back.

I wonder why?

I think also I'm right in saying that even though he has scored goals for fun, the teams he has played for haven't been that successful. 

I wonder why? 

I realise that this is all opinion, and usually I am open to changing my views (e.g Steve Bruce) but this is one player that I won't change my view on.

Good luck to him turning his career around, just not at Villa!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

equally, I think I read somewhere that Hogan was not over struck on him....not sure why?

maybe I dreamt it....but I think he mentioned around the time of his signing and McCormack was on his way out.

I heard that too although it may have been you who told me - those exact words too.

48 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I heard that too although it may have been you who told me - those exact words too.

Sorry, not intentionally starting rumours....but sure i heard it somewhere.....perhaps you told me.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 24/01/2018 at 22:49, Hornso said:

Heading back after tonight's game link (may get paywall)

Melbourne City striker Ross McCormack returns to UK as club baulks at high loan fee

A-LEAGUE goal machine Ross McCormack will return to the UK on Friday with his Melbourne City future still unresolved.

City coach Warren Joyce conceded that Thursday night’s clash with second-place Newcastle Jets at AAMI Park could be McCormack’s his 17th and last for City.

McCormack, who’s netted 15 goals, will hold face-to-face talks with Aston Villa chiefs over the weekend after his loan deal as Bruno Fornaroli’s injury replacement ends.

It’s understood that the sticking point is Villa seeking a loan fee in excess of $100,000 from City.

Do we know if there was a loan fee in the deal from the summer?

I have a feeling this $100,000 might not be a sticking point in this window. (What the Aus newspaper above is reporting).

"We have a lot to discuss with Aston Villa" - Melbourne City boss on future of Ross McCormack

Melbourne City want to keep Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack

Ross McCormack was yesterday linked with a move to Leeds United, but Melbourne City might have something to say about that.

The striker has been a huge hit Down Under, scoring 14 goals in 16 games on loan from Aston Villa.

The form has led to the club's coach Warren Joyce making the future of McCormack a big priority.

The coach said this week: "There's lots of things that have to be discussed with Aston Villa. They're his parent club and they've got a major say in what happens.

At the moment, we're looking to get Ross at the club and ... and doing all we can to do that," he said.

"There's still time left in the [transfer] window to see if we can do whatever."

McCormack was signed on an injury-replacement deal and can stay at the club until marquee signing Bruno Fornaroli is fit.

The Uruguayan has suffered a setback in his recovery so Melbourne would welcome the presence of McCormack for an extended period, especially as his goals are making a big difference.

Speaking recently, McCormack said: “I am here as an injury replacement, so when Bruno comes back I am no longer a replacement.

“But I knew that when I came here with my eyes open, looking to take it all on.

“As it stands, I think the club are looking to see if they can get me to stay on; whether that’s possible or not I don’t know.”

Here.

Looks like Loss McCormack could be returning down under after all if all parties can agree. 

I suspect it might not be crunch talks to return here after all but I could be wrong.

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do we know if there was a loan fee in the deal from the summer?

I have a feeling this $100,000 might not be a sticking point in this window. (What the Aus newspaper above is reporting).

Here.

Looks like Loss McCormack could be returning down under after all if all parties can agree. 

I suspect it might not be crunch talks to return here after all but I could be wrong.

Has he scored so many goals for them that Bruno Fornaroli will have many more unfortunate injury setbacks do you think? That's how I read it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Sounds like he was interviewed outside an Airport toilet - Hear doors slamming more than you can McCormack speaking!

For me he does not look too chuffed to be returning back to England.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

We seem to have a good team spirit at the moment.  With how he has behaved at Villa and Forest while on Loan I wouldnt have him back at the moment.  

I think he needs to go on loan again at a club far higher than the Aussie League.  SHow he can perform there before coming back getting pissed off he isnt playing straight away and disrupting everyone else.

Just one Bad Apple causes the whole cart to rot.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sounds like he was interviewed outside an Airport toilet - Hear doors slamming more than you can McCormack speaking!

He doesn't........................I think we can all drink to that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Perhaps he was stuck at the gate...

Bildresultat för hardy har har gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

It's a shame as it seemed the loan was working for both parties.

If they're not prepared to stomp up a low loan fee for a player that cost 11m plus then they can do one.

Just now, Eastie said:

Striker we are looking for a striker so stick around - you may need your boots :)

Well mate I may not be any good but at least I can still climb over a gate. :D

• Like 1

I really want to see him given another go. Last season was dreadful. McCormack was regularly playing with Westwood, Bacuna, Tshibola, Garnder, and Gabby. It's no surprise he struggled to get goals. This season we have a very strong attacking midfield, and I really see no excuse for McCormack. We aren't going to be able to sell him, and we need a back up striker. I say give him a chance. He really can't go any lower in price, but he can still prove he can score. 

• Like 2

Â