Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

It's not only the goals he will score for us but it's the goals Norwich won't be getting too. Delighted. Him and Bamford please. If we do sign him.. would RDM Play him on the bench for a few games? Not to dishearten the rest and also he hasn't had much of a pre season? 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Two unrelated things I've found out about him.

He wears the number 44 shirt because it was the number he wore when coming through the ranks at Rangers, and was the last shirt his gran saw him play in before she passed away.

He was on roughly £30k per week at Fulham. I'm guessing we'll have to match what Norwich offer him, but he's not going to be on the sort of money that wasters like Gabby are getting paid. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I don't think you need to be all that fit to replace Gestede. Any additional movement from McCormack will be a revelation for this football club after last season..

You know what your probably right... as sad as that is. 

Cant wait to see him. Heres another clip to wet your appetite. All we need is one season of this. Get us up RMac. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KSV said:

Heres another clip to wet your appetite. All we need is one season of this.

Perhaps all we need is one season of that kind of defending.  Some nice finishes, to be sure, but a large number of those chances were created by the opposition.  Of course, the other clubs will be thinking all they need is one season of the type of defending Villa had last season...

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

WOW!!!!! That proves it. We are shit, everything is shit, we have no money. RDM OUT Xia is a fraud OUT OUT OUT

Can't remember the last time Pat Murphy got something right. 

Until it appears on Xia's twitter feed, it didn't happen.

Hang on, I've lost you. None of that is insinuating anything about about Xia being a fraud or such like it and nothing against the club. You seem to gone off on one for no reason.

I took it as we were going more ambitious than Bamford and McCormack but for whatever reason we haven't succeeded. Whether that is down to the club of whoever we wanted or the player not fancying going to the Championship. It is tricky for us to get the players to match Xia's outlined ambition while we are at this level. McCormack being back up, if anything highlights Xia's ambition and that there is always a plan B.

Whether you like him or not Pat Murphy has very much been right since the morning of the day the takeover was announced and has appeared to be the journalist the club speak to first. That said Useless's suggestion that he was just covering himself after saying we weren't interested is quite possible and a typical journalist trick, although personally I don't think it was the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Perhaps all we need is one season of that kind of defending.  Some nice finishes, to be sure, but a large number of those chances were created by the opposition.  Of course, the other clubs will be thinking all they need is one season of the type of defending Villa had last season...

yeah but he will get his chances whether its good or bad defending. If he can take them like he has the last 5 years.. i dont think he will have a problem scoring 20. Ayew seems very similar to Dembele so he should link up well with him. Fulham were shit because the rest of their side was shit. Ours isnt much better at the moment but i am sure we will still bring in 2-3 more. 

Edited by KSV

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

The takeaway from that for me is you need to hit him early with space in behind.  Not this tippy tappy stuff in a 4-2-3-1 but balls into space that use his intelligent movement over 5 yards.  If Grealish, Green and Ayew move the ball faster, he will score a hatful.

i always wanted us to have a footballing style, now I just want a game plan to get us out of this league and 4-4-2 over 4-2-3-1 might be the way to go if RDM has his wits about him and wants the best from McCormack.

5 hours ago, KSV said:

It's not only the goals he will score for us but it's the goals Norwich won't be getting too. Delighted. Him and Bamford please. If we do sign him.. would RDM Play him on the bench for a few games? Not to dishearten the rest and also he hasn't had much of a pre season? 

No offence dude but it's hard to play on the bench, well, unless of course you're name is Guzan or Lescott ;)

• Like 1

But but highlight reels can make anyone look good. And we won't get any return on the £14m he could eventually cost. Plus he looks a bit fat. 

Just getting in there with some of the potential negative comments before anyone else does.

;-)

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the video of RM's goals and assists.

he looks the business. I haven't seen anything of him before but he certainly has a swagger about him.

interesting that there were no headers in that video.

it suggests that, if he signs, we intend to try playing football next season, and not lump,it up to the big man.

i will say though, we desperately need someone who is going to create the chances for him.

whether at means our current midfield playing more advanced, or bringing in someone, I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

WOW!!!!! That proves it. We are shit, everything is shit, we have no money. RDM OUT Xia is a fraud OUT OUT OUT

Can't remember the last time Pat Murphy got something right. 

Until it appears on Xia's twitter feed, it didn't happen.

Wut?

Â