Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

No offence dude but it's hard to play on the bench, well, unless of course you're name is Guzan or Lescott ;)

You would think English my second language sometimes. :wub:

• Like 1

I'll be made up if this goes through. It would give us some good options with our current forwards. McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Hepburn-Murphy. Plus Gabby if he can somehow get his career going again. That gives us two forwards that have done the business in this league, one upcoming youngster with potential, one talented forward that could do wonders in this league and Gabby...

Colour me excited if this goes through. Other areas of the squad still need to be sorted but this would be a huge step in the right direction. It shows intent too.

massive signing if we pull this off. changes so much. he's the perfect player for us right now. if he can play on sunday, i'll love to see it. we still need another attacking midfielder and a defender who can play LB, RB and CB. but that midfielder is critical.

3 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Hang on, I've lost you. None of that is insinuating anything about about Xia being a fraud or such like it and nothing against the club. You seem to gone off on one for no reason.

I took it as we were going more ambitious than Bamford and McCormack but for whatever reason we haven't succeeded. Whether that is down to the club of whoever we wanted or the player not fancying going to the Championship. It is tricky for us to get the players to match Xia's outlined ambition while we are at this level. McCormack being back up, if anything highlights Xia's ambition and that there is always a plan B.

Whether you like him or not Pat Murphy has very much been right since the morning of the day the takeover was announced and has appeared to be the journalist the club speak to first. That said Useless's suggestion that he was just covering himself after saying we weren't interested is quite possible and a typical journalist trick, although personally I don't think it was the case.

its called sarcasm. People were saying that we either aren't trying to get, or aren't able to get the players that they think we want. All based on one tweet from Pat Murphy who has got this one wrong....... (Look at his tweets over the course of yesterday).

Getting sick of people wetting themselves over the fact that we  have only signed three players and calling Xia out as a fraud. Chill out and see how the rest of the window goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

its called sarcasm. People were saying that we either aren't trying to get, or aren't able to get the players that they think we want. All based on one tweet from Pat Murphy who has got this one wrong....... (Look at his tweets over the course of yesterday).

Getting sick of people wetting themselves over the fact that we  have only signed three players and calling Xia out as a fraud. Chill out and see how the rest of the window goes.

I still don't get your point at picking out each post of mine and being the one wetting their pants about something I haven't even said, and your talking to someone who is pretty chilled about our future at the moment and don't think I have ever criticised Xia on here.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I often find it hard to tell which foot Gestede is stronger with.

I honestly find it hard to tell if Gestede even has feet.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, briggaman said:

I'll be made up if this goes through. It would give us some good options with our current forwards. McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Hepburn-Murphy. Plus Gabby if he can somehow get his career going again. That gives us two forwards that have done the business in this league, one upcoming youngster with potential, one talented forward that could do wonders in this league and Gabby...

Colour me excited if this goes through. Other areas of the squad still need to be sorted but this would be a huge step in the right direction. It shows intent too.

Plus Sinclair who has previously scored plenty of goals at Championship level and who RDM seems to like

2 minutes ago, ToonVilla said:

Plus Sinclair who has previously scored plenty of goals at Championship level and who RDM seems to like

And, seeing as his move to Celtic (champions league plus the manager who's got his best form out of him) hasnt seemed to happen, is perhaps prepared to make more of an effort this season. 

Looked nailed on to Celtic so something must have changed with either the clubs attitude or his. 

Â