Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you think we have no intention of signing him even though we've put a bid in? Haha I have no idea what's made you so certain about the owner. 

No I didn't say that. I said that it happened under Ellis. I just want to see what happens on this one before I start claiming that we have changed into a club that will spend 12 million on a player. I doubt it will happen and I really think we should wait and see if he signs.

On another note, I think he would be a decent signing. I wonder if we would be able to afford some support for him without selling any of our 'better' players.

Edited by One For The Road

meh if this is our big money signing. 29 years old and if we are paying 12 million we will pay him a huge chunk of wages as well. dont think this is good business though I suppose we are desperate at this stage

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why haven't Fulham been challenging for promotion then? Oh they have a weird owner, poor defence and abysmal midfield...remind you of anyone.

We need work all over the pitch. Can't really see the midfield in this state creating many chances for the strikers especially with lack of width.

McCormack just strikes me as a luxury player and that does seem to be the view of many Fulham fans who watch him every week.

I'd prefer Bamford but hey if we get him on loan then suddenly we have pretty good options upfront at least.

Play Ayew as second striker and I think we'd be very dangerous. But you're right, the midfield needs a massive face lift, equivalent signings (in terms of money) need to be made in that position - Will Hughes and Knockaert for starters.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

meh if this is our big money signing. 29 years old and if we are paying 12 million we will pay him a huge chunk of wages as well. dont think this is good business though I suppose we are desperate at this stage

Hate to break it to you but he's 30 in a couple of weeks time :D

To be honest, it's not my money so I'm not bothered, let's hope he has a season like last season and not like the 2012-13 one.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hate to break it to you but he's 30 in a couple of weeks time :D

To be honest, it's not my money so I'm not bothered, let's hope he has a season like last season and not like the 2012-13 one.

true but this is Villa we probably give him a 5 year deal on 50k a week.

still traumatised from Bent and Heskey deals

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So, yes, speculation then.

Of course it's speculation, this sort of stuff always is even if there is truth in it. Pat Murphy does seem to have some decent links since day 1 of the takeover so it may well be the truth but it will always be speculation until like today a bid is placed & announced. I'm not sure if @AntrimBlack was referring to Pat Murphy, I just thought I'd add it to the list.

Funny thing is if he goes to Norwich chances are he'll end up scoring 20+ again, including against us, and the same Villa fans will be moaning 'why didn't we sign him?' These are chances we have to take and if Tony has the money we 'think' he does then 12M would be good business.

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

So to summarise the situation on this forum today:

We've been clamouring for a proven goal scorer and today we've bid £12M for one.

BUT he's not worth that despite the fact we have a billionaire owner and it's not our money. And he's too old. And fat. Oh, and slow. In spite of all that he's been prolific for the last 3 seasons.

HOWEVER we have no intention of actually buying him, and regardless of that he's turned us down and agreed to join Norwich. Irrespective of all that, Sky Bet have him as huge odds on favourite to sign for Villa.

Is there anything I've missed?

HE also runs a terrible cafe that sells Flabby Burgers.

All consumers of the Flabby Burger notice vastly increased weight, a sudden loss in football ability and more.

3 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

We've been clamouring for a proven goal scorer and today we've bid £12M for one.

BUT he's not worth that despite the fact we have a billionaire owner and it's not our money. And he's too old. And fat. Oh, and slow. In spite of all that he's been prolific for the last 3 seasons.

HOWEVER we have no intention of actually buying him, and regardless of that he's turned us down and agreed to join Norwich. Irrespective of all that, Sky Bet have him as huge odds on favourite to sign for Villa.

Deal is still 50:50.

4 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Add to that if he does join no point being happy he's here to help promote the club, he's only here because he couldn't get a better deal else where. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Source?

You do know if this is a `joke' it isn't funny.

I have to make a big apology.

I was going to come back posting a troll but completely forgot !!! 

Don't Dr X me to death !!!!!

6 minutes ago, meme said:

HE also runs a terrible cafe that sells Flabby Burgers.

All consumers of the Flabby Burger notice vastly increased weight, a sudden loss in football ability and more.

If he does sign I will be looking out for a tweet that goes something like;

"Dr Tony say, Ross no play for the b**** Delia. No go Norwich and now come for play at Villa hahah."

This will then be deleted an hour later.

Â