Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

All you pessimists, doubters and general haters can relax now. Tony isn't a fraud, RDM isnt an idiot and our chances of going straight back are improving by the day. Start enjoying the new dynasty :D:D:D

Ross McCormack had a farm e eye e eye o.

and on that farm he had Gestede e eye e eye o.

with a hee haw here and a hee haw there, here a hee, there a haw everywhere a hee haw.

Ross McCormack had a farm e eye e eye o

• Like 1

The only frustrating thing about this deal for me is that I feel we could've done it 6 weeks ago, and had him playing in all the friendly matches. 

I feel it would've been a real statement of intent to the rest of this league, rather than coming off now like a little bit of a panic buy.

That said, I'm glad that we've got a goal scorer in, just need a creative midfielder and a defender now and I think that we would be good to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

The only frustrating thing about this deal for me is that I feel we could've done it 6 weeks ago, and had him playing in all the friendly matches. 

I feel it would've been a real statement of intent to the rest of this league, rather than coming off now like a little bit of a panic buy.

That said, I'm glad that we've got a goal scorer in, just need a creative midfielder and a defender now and I think that we would be good to go.

Whilst I'm very happy with this signing, I'm also inclined to agree.

I'm not sure if the hold up was waiting for players to leave or whether we were trying to raise the funds, or whether we have simply missed out on other targets, but it would have been great to have done this deal a few friendlies ago. 

But hey ho, at least it's getting done now and not at the end of the window, i'm delighted with that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Apparently there is a huge unanswered question mark about that. Wish someone at the top would just come out and say he was staying.

Yes, RDM, Xia and Ayew himself are all playing their cards really close to their chests about that one.

13 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I understand what you mean and agree to an extent, aside from not giving a shit how it looks. I wish this had been completed sooner.

I believe he was second choice. Just an opinion pieced together based on bits of info. I'm happy with that myself ether way because I think he's the best, or at least most influential player, never mind striker, in the division. However I feel they should have moved on to him sooner because I feel like as soon as we have done so we've simply gone out and nailed it.

That said, the past is the past and it has been a bit of a manic summer all round. Let's get the job done with a couple more ins and outs and fingers crossed they're a bit more decisive in future, especially with more time to plan ahead. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I still don't get your point at picking out each post of mine and being the one wetting their pants about something I haven't even said, and your talking to someone who is pretty chilled about our future at the moment and don't think I have ever criticised Xia on here.

Apologies, it wasn't specifically aimed at you, I was responding to the post not the person - It was in relation to the tweet from Murphy being put forward as evidence that we had failed in our attempts to sign someone "better".

I has a moment of being sick of all the negativity (and even now there is still some) about what is a very good, positive signing for us.

No offence intended directly at you sir.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Can't wait for Norwich to absolutely hate us again as though we're their biggest rivals again after all this. Was hilarious when we got Lambert from them. :D:D

3 seasons on, it didn't look quite so hilarious. :(

Anyway, back on topic, welcome Ross. Glad we've signed someone who looks like he knows where the goal is and how to get the ball into the back of it

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

If we wanted him that early the price would have had to be over and above Fulham's valuation to persuade them not to wait and see what other clubs want to bid - it took Norwich's negotiation for the realistic valuation of this player (i.e. what someone else was prepared to pay) to emerge - and then we paid it. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

12 **** million for a player who wasnt even good when he was good. And he's nearly 30 ffs. Total insanity.

I respectfully disagree :-)

Top scorer in the Championship for a couple of seasons now, in a struggling side too....

Â