Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

This is the comment about which I said " Source ? Sounds like pure speculation to me"

And you replied, "absolutely not speculation, I will get the source"

Where has Murphy said "We struggled to get our primary targets, and have now had to move to this level of target out of necessity" ?

I was paraphrasing what he said. What sort of memory do you think I have.

1 hour ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

So to summarise the situation on this forum today:

We've been clamouring for a proven goal scorer and today we've bid £12M for one.

BUT he's not worth that despite the fact we have a billionaire owner and it's not our money. And he's too old. And fat. Oh, and slow. In spite of all that he's been prolific for the last 3 seasons.

HOWEVER we have no intention of actually buying him, and regardless of that he's turned us down and agreed to join Norwich. Irrespective of all that, Sky Bet have him as huge odds on favourite to sign for Villa.

Is there anything I've missed?

Pretty much spot on.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Of course it's speculation, 

Oh, OK cool. There is speculation we don't like the sound of. I shan't lose any sleep tonight. For a minute, the way it was posted I thought it might have been fact. 

So glad we have agreed that it is speculation, and as such, meaningless. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

WOW!!!!! That proves it. We are shit, everything is shit, we have no money. RDM OUT Xia is a fraud OUT OUT OUT

Can't remember the last time Pat Murphy got something right. 

Until it appears on Xia's twitter feed, it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Not sure if mentioned in here, I didn't see it if so, but Pat Murphy also tweeted this about 7pm:

CONFIRMED - £11m bid from @AVFCOfficial for Ross McCormack. Developments now  awaited.

Someone then asked why he said it wasn't on before, and Pat replied and said, "I was told that a month ago, it's not an exact science".

So sounds like it's on... And for £11m not the £12m figure.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure if mentioned in here, I didn't see it if so, but Pat Murphy also tweeted this about 7pm:

Someone then asked why he said it wasn't on before, and Pat replied and said, "I was told that a month ago, it's not an exact science".

So sounds like it's on... And for £11m not the £12m figure.

So, speculating then.... told by Who???? His mom? some bloke down the pub?

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Ross McCormack has a cat called Nigel, Nigel's neighbours cat Jeremy is owned by a bloke called Colin, Colin's sister's daughter goes to school in Perry Bar and her teacher has a cousin that works near Aston. Anyway her cousins dog thought he heard someone saying it was true whilst sniffing a lamppost near the Villa store. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He was johnny on the spot at the start of the new regime and I believe he has been spot on with most things since. 

I've never really had Pat down as a bullshitter. When he's wrong he's wrong in good faith. I understand he can be grating at times but having spoke to him, briefly, he seems like a good egg. 

Take it with a pinch of salt. 

Mail article I linked earlier has now been updated with

Aston Villa have beaten Norwich to the signing of Fulham striker Ross McCormack after agreeing a £14million deal.

The Scotland international will travel to the Midlands on Wednesday to sign a four year contract.

Norwich had offered £11m plus add-ons and expected to sign the 29-year-old this week but Villa made their move on Monday and agreed to pay £12m with a further £2m in add-ons on Tuesday night.

I tell what I'm bloody delighted 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3719927/Aston-Villa-beat-Norwich-14m-signing-Fulham-striker-Ross-McCormack.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa beat Norwich to sign Fulham striker Ross McCormack in £14m deal 

• Ross McCormack has scored 42 goals for Fulham in the last two seasons 
  • Norwich were also keen on the 29-year-old but missed out 
  • Scotland international will travel to Midlands to sign a four year contract 

Aston Villa have beaten Norwich to the signing of Fulham striker Ross McCormack after agreeing a £14million deal.

The Scotland international will travel to the Midlands on Wednesday to sign a four year contract.

Norwich had offered £11m plus add-ons and expected to sign the 29-year-old this week but Villa made their move on Monday and agreed to pay £12m with a further £2m in add-ons on Tuesday night. 

Ross McCormack has been one of the most in-demand players in the Championship

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3719927/Aston-Villa-beat-Norwich-14m-signing-Fulham-striker-Ross-McCormack.html#ixzz4GDULIC8K 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

•  
Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â