Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Ross has clearly had some issues , its ok people believing he needs another chance but the people at the club who want to move him on know about them issues and see his attitude in training , where the majority of fans don't. More than happy for the club to move him to protect some money if they deem it correct.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Another 12 month loan to dwindle his transfer value down further. Just like Darren Bent.

There are rumours circulating about RM. I don't want to add to those here. But if those rumours are reaching me - you can bet every football club in the country is aware of them. Nobody is going to pay more than a very nominal fee for RM. All we can do is reduce the hit by letting a.n other clubs pay his wages for a year.  

If by some miracle he hits form at another club - we may then get some kind of a fee. However from what I have heard thats unlikely. 

It would seem to me we didn't do our due diligence last summer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Everyone knows Ross is not going to have a 20 goal season again. Even Sunderland are cautious if this is just a loan.

More chance of Ross having another 20 goal season than Gabby. After all all its only the season before last he did just that. If he can get his head together then he can do it but his face doesn't fit with Bruce 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

More chance of Ross having another 20 goal season than Gabby. After all all its only the season before last he did just that. If he can get his head together then he can do it but his face doesn't fit with Bruce 

There's baggage and then there is baggage.

Mccormack is like a pull along suitcase that you paid full price for in Debenhams but after a holiday you realise it's does not do its job very well, a bit heavy , not very mobile and even arrived in a different county on that holiday of yours.however it still has some reason sale value and so you stick it on eBay at a reduced amount.

Gabby meanwhile ......

old-suitcase-dngr2p.jpg

A loan for a 30 year old who cost 12 million last year is ridiculous!

The only thing that would make this anywhere near acceptable is to build a zero hour recall option into the loan so we can cover emergencies and keep him fit. 

• Like 1

for us it's about reducing the hit.

£1mil loan fee, full wages to take him on, but with an obligation to buy after 30 appearances for £4mil, to ensure he leaves if it goes well for him, but also add a £2mil penalty early ending fee to discourage them from terminating the loan early in case he's still useless.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

A loan for a 30 year old who cost 12 million last year is ridiculous!

The only thing that would make this anywhere near acceptable is to build a zero hour recall option into the loan so we can cover emergencies and keep him fit. 

See the £12m we paid for him? Wasn't it was one of those "up to £12m" deals the press love to report? We don't know how much the transfer has cost the club so far. If there are appearance fees or clauses etc we may be saving ourselves paying further for him. We just don't know.

• Like 1

reports of him not being welcome back at Fulham and similar at Leeds would indicate he isn't the best influence on a dressing room.

Sending him to Sunderland may be our secret weapon against them :)

• Like 2

At his age a loan deal is not going to help us get anything near what we paid for him in 12 months time. It might help Sunderland but I would rather we did not help them without it really being worth it for us to do so. They have taken enough money in on transfer fees , don't have to pay Defoe's wages now and have the hefty league payment so should be able to stump up a decent fee if they do want the player. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, John said:

At his age a loan deal is not going to help us get anything near what we paid for him in 12 months time. It might help Sunderland but I would rather we did not help them without it really being worth it for us to do so. They have taken enough money in on transfer fees , don't have to pay Defoe's wages now and have the hefty league payment so should be able to stump up a decent fee if they do want the player. 

Unless no one wants RM - and the only offers forthcoming are loans - and we can reduce our outgoings by £50k pw  on a player who isn't making the first 11. 

• Like 1

I'm sure plenty of other clubs would want McCormack i got a feeling he will bang plenty in for his next club but trust us to loan him to our potential rivals 

Edited by AshVilla

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'm sure plenty of other clubs would want McCormack i got a feeling he will bang plenty in for his next club but trust us to loan him to our potential rivals 

I wouldn't worry, he is a busted flush. 

The guy has some serious issues and doesn't appear to want to help himself.

13 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

Ross has clearly had some issues , its ok people believing he needs another chance but the people at the club who want to move him on know about them issues and see his attitude in training , where the majority of fans don't. More than happy for the club to move him to protect some money if they deem it correct.

We've had far too many players who need a second chance sucking money out of this club. 

32 minutes ago, jim said:

I wouldn't worry, he is a busted flush. 

The guy has some serious issues and doesn't appear to want to help himself.

You know that's not how it works at Villa though. Players often look total dogshit here and then go on to do much better elsewhere. 

Agree with the idea that enough time has passed since Ross-gate for the staff to assess if he's worth keeping around now, in regards to his attitude etc. I was hoping he'd get his head together and integrate himself during pre-season, but it doesn't seem to have happened.

Yet again we'll take another hit in the transfer market, probably owing to poor due diligence, but can only hope the club are shrewder in future.

Perhaps there will be a loan fee, as well as getting his wages off the books for the season, allowing us some wiggle room to get another striker in, or an AM.

It seems only a 'big' championship club,(-or possibly Celtic? )would want to take a chance on him and afford his wages; all potential rivals in that case, but the drain on their wage budget could hinder them if he's still in decay. 

Sunderland have been as bad as us recent seasons and have a lot to sort, not to mention Defoe needing replacement. I'm not convinced they'll really be competitive rivals for us (assuming we're challenging for promotion)

Â