Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Something is going on, but didn't react well to being second choice to Kodjia or Ayew, and neither would pass to him which must wind you up especially with his past record.

Looked handy in a few games, it's a shame.Can see him doing a job for Sunderland or Leeds (but cant see Leeds having him back)

To my limited knowledge of him, he's thrived in sides which have been built around him, or at least focussed on him as the 'main man' and those sides might have supported him sufficiently to enable him to be very good... but perhaps at the cost of overall squad quality and tactical ability. Those squads like Fulham and Leeds only did so well with him in, and only succeeded in relative terms, even with his goals and assists. I personally would rather see us excel and get out of the league by relying on several good attacking players, rather than concentrating on accommodating just one. As there doesn't seem to be a middle ground with him.

Maybe I'm wrong though, as I say, I've only seen (and yes admired) him from afar until we signed him.

Edited by alreadyexists

On 26/07/2017 at 21:41, Killeen30 said:

He didn't say it would do anyone any good, but he is curious. Just like me.

I've read some terribly disrespectful posts towards players on her over the years, as have we all of we're going to be honest. So no need to take to moral high ground man. It didn't get any vibes that he wanted to slag the player or slabber, he was just curious. Seem like whatever the 'issues' are lots know about them already.

I can't post what I have heard. I have before and have received a warning...rightly so no problem with that.

From what I have heard I will be surprised if he cuts it anywhere, ever again.....pretty sure we won't ever get a fee for him either.

9 hours ago, hippo said:

I can't post what I have heard. I have before and have received a warning...rightly so no problem with that.

From what I have heard I will be surprised if he cuts it anywhere, ever again.....pretty sure we won't ever get a fee for him either.

If these "issues" are as dramatic or horrendous as has been implied.

Would we not be able to terminate his contract or pay off a nominal fee etc? Insurance? I dunno.

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If these "issues" are as dramatic or horrendous as has been implied.

Would we not be able to terminate his contract or pay off a nominal fee etc? Insurance? I dunno.

I never understand this. I still can't believe there's nothing we can do about players like Richards and this guy. If they are incapable of performing the job they are employed to do, surely there should be severing terms in the contract? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

I never understand this. I still can't believe there's nothing we can do about players like Richards and this guy. If they are incapable of performing the job they are employed to do, surely there should be severing terms in the contract? 

But how much of the £12m transfer fee could we get back if we did/could sever the contract... my guess would be zero and he'd be a free transfer for someone else. That would be poor business in my book.

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

But how much of the £12m transfer fee could we get back if we did/could sever the contract... my guess would be zero and he'd be a free transfer for someone else. That would be poor business in my book.

Maybe in McCormack's case you are right. But I think in other cases we'll be lucky to move them on for free and continue to cover a portion of their wages. 

Seeing as this is the McCormack thread though, I can't argue haha

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Maybe in McCormack's case you are right. But I think in other cases we'll be lucky to move them on for free and continue to cover a portion of their wages. 

Seeing as this is the McCormack thread though, I can't argue haha

I think we'd be throwing that money away to sever the contract with McC, but the others like Richards, haven't really done anything wrong as such. I doubt you could sever a contract with Richards just because he's rubbish, he's not been unprofessional in regard to training and stuff, as far as I know. So I think we're stuck with that mug until someone is stupid enough to buy him!

Derby manager Gary Rowett has ruled out them signing McCormack.

Ross is not one on our list at the moment. I think you get those scenarios now where if there is interest in a player, then agents and teams want to stoke that interest up a little bit to create a little bit of a market and some competition. I think Ross is a fantastic player when you get him on form. He scores goals, as we saw at Fulham a couple of seasons ago.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-10886675

Didn't knew there was any  such rumor to begin with, but he won't be going there apparently.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

No more Mr Nice Guy in the transfer market. About bloody time. Loaning him out made zero sense. If nobody stumps up, keep him and use him. 

Cannot see anyone paying 8m for McCormack at the moment so looking like he will stay at Villa.

9 hours ago, striker said:

Cannot see anyone paying 8m for McCormack at the moment so looking like he will stay at Villa.

I don't think we're in a hurry or necessarily need to sell, whereas there will be a fair few teams that'll be pretty desperate to buy in a few weeks time. If a team hasn't scored in 4 games and a well known championship goalscorer is available, suddenly that £8million seems like it might be worth the gamble. 

I imagine we're expecting to meet someone at 6 or 7 million instead but it's a good asking price and it might just work. 

Â