Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Just wondering what sort of conditions was in McCormack's transfer to Villa? Was it 12m straight up or was that fee based on appearances? Could be one of the reasons why Bruce is looking McCormack gone now? 6m-8m back to Villa now would cover the initial outlay?

2 hours ago, striker said:

Just wondering what sort of conditions was in McCormack's transfer to Villa? Was it 12m straight up or was that fee based on appearances? Could be one of the reasons why Bruce is looking McCormack gone now? 6m-8m back to Villa now would cover the initial outlay?

I think both Him and Hogan were of the "up to £12m" variety if the press was to be believed. Make total sense to me what you say there.

Why would Sunderland pay £6 million for a player that by all accounts on here has personal issues to such an extent that he is unlikely ever to play for us again, or even get near the first team. Do we on VillaTalk have better intel than the negotiators at Sunderland?

Either Sunderland aren't interested for a price even remotely like £6 million, or McCormack isn't as finished as a striker as appears to be the consensus at the moment on here. 

7 minutes ago, YLN said:

Why would Sunderland pay £6 million for a player that by all accounts on here has personal issues to such an extent that he is unlikely ever to play for us again, or even get near the first team. Do we on VillaTalk have better intel than the negotiators at Sunderland?

Either Sunderland aren't interested for a price even remotely like £6 million, or McCormack isn't as finished as a striker as appears to be the consensus at the moment on here. 

Or they are desperate and McCormick hasnt the massive problems some make out on here.

• Like 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Or they are desperate and McCormick hasnt the massive problems some make out on here.

Sunderland, like we were last season, are desperate and their manager needs to get rid of lots of his squad in order to turn things around. Grayson can't afford to spend 12 mill plus on a striker, but has had success before with Mcoremack, and I am sure thinks it probably worth a gamble. 

7 minutes ago, YLN said:

Or it's a drinkers paradise ;)

• Like 1

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

Or it's a drinkers paradise ;)

Are they being sponsored by Dutch Gold or something?

'Look how pissed all our players are. Drink Dutch Gold!'

Ross: mmm goes down easy. I could drink ten of these and then still have lots of money left for a kebab.

Gibson: I might be pissed, but at least I give a shit. Dutch Gold is the drink of winners. Maybe if Khazri drank more Dutch Gold he'd be better at football.

Grayson: I've been drinking Dutch Gold ever since I started losing my hair. Thanks to Dutch Gold, no one notices my slightly receding hair line, because of how pissed I am all the time.

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Based on what? None of us have any idea what is going on behind the scenes. 

If we can get £6m back for him that would be fantastic. 

Bruce has said that McCormack has done very well in training and came back fit, but he still can't guarantee McCormack minutes. 

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Why should we give away our players to a team that have earned something like 80 mill in parachute payments? im happy to keep RMC as cover till Jan now Grealish is injured for 3 - 4 months.

RMC has not come out and said he wants to leave he has knuckled down in training and tried to force his way back into the team.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Why should we give away our players to a team that have earned something like 80 mill in parachute payments? im happy to keep RMC as cover till Jan now Grealish is injured for 3 - 4 months.

RMC has not come out and said he wants to leave he has knuckled down in training and tried to force his way back into the team.

Pretty much this.

We keep him to fit in at number 10 position now that Grealish is out, with a view to selling him in January when people are desperate and willing to overpay on what they may perceive to be a guaranteed goal getter. By which time Grealish should be back and raring to go.

Best case scenario is that McCormack knuckles down and plays well as he wants to impress potential suitors so he can get out of Villa.

Worst case is that he doesnt do the above but Grayson still believes he can get the best out of him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Losing half of what we paid for McCormack in one season is such terrible business. McCormack had his off field issues last season, but this season he seemed to come back and be ready to play. 

Agree with you, it would be terrible business and in an ideal world, I'd like to see the player he was at Fulham.

It would appear that isn't going to happen though and given most of the football world will be aware of these 'issues', £6m would be the very top end of what we could hope for imo and even that will only be through desperation. 

Leaving on loan

Sunderland are hopeful of completing the loan signing of Ross McCormack before their opening game of the season with Derby County on Friday, TEAMtalk understands.

The Scotland international has been told by Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce that he can leave, and Sunderland have agreed a season-long deal with their Championship counterparts.

And while the two clubs are in talks about how to structure his substantial wage packet between the two of them, TEAMtalk has been told that the Black Cats are hopeful of concluding a deal before the weekend.

Sunderland boss Simon Grayson has already added the likes of Lewis Grabban, Aiden McGeady and James Vaughan to his attacking options, but he is desperate to get hold of McCormack too.

Hmm Bruce really must not fancy him if willing to let him go on loan again

Â