Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Villa Stu said:

The same can be said about McCormack mate, he has been the most prolific striker in this league for the last 5-6years. The issue with hogan is that he just goes completely missing. When McCormack is having a bad game (which if we are honest, it is more often than it should be) he will still be chasing down and trying to make something happen. Hogan just looks lost and for me offers very little to us.

Well Hogan made me eat my words in that game. More of the same please Scott. If he plays like that and stays fit he will have a good season. Elmo and O'Hare looked good as well today.

1 minute ago, Villa Stu said:

Well Hogan made me eat my words in that game. More of the same please Scott. If he plays like that and stays fit he will have a good season. Elmo and O'Hare looked good as well today.

All 3 were superb - long way back for Ross now I think .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

The same can be said about McCormack mate, he has been the most prolific striker in this league for the last 5-6years. The issue with hogan is that he just goes completely missing. When McCormack is having a bad game (which if we are honest, it is more often than it should be) he will still be chasing down and trying to make something happen. Hogan just looks lost and for me offers very little to us.

I don't disagree with that, but I think Hogan is more of a Darren Bent, in that chances need to be created for him, but if they are he takes more than most. Either way, if he's earning wages he needs to improve on what we've seen so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The problem isn't not trying to create chances. The problem is the execution. How many crosses are poor and cleared by first defender? How many balls over the top go to no one? How many through balls are over hit or cut out? This happens every game and the stats will read no chances created when in reality many should have been created. 

First and foremost the players need to improve there general play and if this down to Bruce to resolve than I accept he has to share the blame. 

I honestly think there is far to much emphasis on formations and lineups. These are professional players earning big money. If they are told to play a certain way that may not suit them it doesn't mean the should turn to shit!!

No doubt the delivery to the strikers has been poor. I think that is, as you've said, down to the quality of the final ball, but also often down to the type of ball. Long ball punts, even to someone with blistering pace, are meat and drink to any decent defender. 

• Like 2

Shame he's been left at home. That's that for him at Villa then. Although we'll probably get fleeced again and loan him out again, paying half his wages.

Always showed for the ball, which Bruce's teams need as he sets them up so defensively.

Him and Grealish showed some nice interplay at times - two men who want to get it down and play.

I think there could have been a good spot for him in a 4231 shape behind a forward. He'd have brought the best out of Hogan I think.

Guess the plan is rely on Kodjia to carry us and score solo goals while refusing to pass it again.

38 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Guess the plan is rely on Kodjia to carry us and score solo goals while refusing to pass it again.

Yeah, signing Elmo to put early balls into hogan was entirely unintended. Bruce out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah, signing Elmo to put early balls into hogan was entirely unintended. Bruce out.

You couldn't make some of the shite spouted by some posters up if you tried, could you? lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

McCormack to Sunderland apparantly.. 4 million they can afford.. come on taking the piss now. You have parachute money. 7-8 million or i rather keep him as back up. 

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

McCormack to Sunderland apparantly.. 4 million they can afford.. come on taking the piss now. You have parachute money. 7-8 million or i rather keep him as back up. 

Try and get £5m - Sunderland are in awful state as a club and where we were under Lerner - may well be £4m is all we can hope for and write off the loss as a harsh lesson learnt.

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It would take a brave man to let McCormack go for a £7m loss and then potentially watch him bang in 20 goals next season..

Doesn't strike me as a Bruce type player  - sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on .

Not really a difficult one at all this. Getting offer for problematic player who just hasn't performed and will clear not insubstantial wages of the books with young players coming through to take his place. Agree on 4m plus another 1m based on appearances and move on.

40 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Try and get £5m - Sunderland are in awful state as a club and where we were under Lerner - may well be £4m is all we can hope for and write off the loss as a harsh lesson learnt.

I can't see Xia letting him go for less than 7-8m ...unless they agreed to take Micah Richards as a BOGOF deal

Edited by CosmicVillan

12 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I can't see Xia letting him go for less than 7-8m ...unless they agreed to take Micah Richards as a BOGOF deal

Throw in bacuna , bunn and Hutton and give them a buy one get 4 free ;) 

• Like 1

Â