Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah, I cannot see us loaning him to a potential promotion rival, especially not this early in the window and with Kodjia still injured. Sunderland should be alright for money as well, what with their parachute payments and Defoe funds, so we shouldn't be mugged off by them.

Alan Nixon said "Villa would have to be very helpful." and "Can't see Sunderland paying all of the wages ... Villa need to raise as much money as possible for their own signings ... it's a hard one." when responding to people asking about RMC to Sunderland. 

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Yeah, I cannot see us loaning him to a potential promotion rival, especially not this early in the window and with Kodjia still injured. Sunderland should be alright for money as well, what with their parachute payments and Defoe funds, so we shouldn't be mugged off by them.

Pretty sure Defoe left on a free transfer as he had a relegation release clause?

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

Pretty sure Defoe left on a free transfer as he had a relegation release clause?

Ok, I missed that bit. It does free up a good chunk of wages from their budget though. 

Edited by NeilS

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Lose an (alleged) number 10. Loan out the player most suited for that role. Are they really that stupid?

How long have you been a Villa fan?

Having said that, McCormack (Issues) and us (Finances) are not in a normal situation.

You would hope/assume they have a contingency plan.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How long have you been a Villa fan?

Having said that, McCormack (Issues) and us (Finances) are not in a normal situation.

You would hope/assume they have a contingency plan.

How long have you been a Villa fan?  :D

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dave J said:

JV - this makes no sense to me- I believe he is the most intelligent striker at the club - I know nothing of the issues that surround him - I've never been close enough to anyone at the club to find out - however I find it a little odd that Bruce appears that  he will forgive and forget some and offer the proverbial olive branch - but not be quite so inclusive to others ? 

Do you not find this odd?

The only thing I would say is we don't see or hear what goes on behind closed doors.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

The only thing I would say is we don't see or hear what goes on behind closed doors.

No I do get this - but for a lay man such as myself it appeared that Mac was commited to the cause - at least from the pre - season pics that I have seen ??

29 minutes ago, Dave J said:

JV - this makes no sense to me- I believe he is the most intelligent striker at the club - I know nothing of the issues that surround him - I've never been close enough to anyone at the club to find out - however I find it a little odd that Bruce appears that  he will forgive and forget some and offer the proverbial olive branch - but not be quite so inclusive to others ? 

I don't know anything about issues either mate, i'm just going off of the rumours.

I too, would prefer that he remained and was included as I also think he is a perfect foil for a main striker.

This could mean that this is actually more dictated by finances, and the "issues" are more of an excuse?

There is one poster on here who has alluded to the "issues" being disturbing, and would be surprised if anyone bought him again etc, who knows?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dave J said:

however I find it a little odd that Bruce appears that  he will forgive and forget some and offer the proverbial olive branch - but not be quite so inclusive to others ? 

Other than McCormack I can't think of anyone else who has stepped out of line under Bruce.

It seems to me the manager was very fair when he came in and wiped the slate clean and gave everyone a fair chance which is why Gabby got another crack of the whip and in fairness to Gabby he has grabbed it with both hands, gotten himself into great shape and forced his way back in and then made a positive contribution on the pitch. McCormack it seems hasn't. If he had he would not find himself surplus to requirements it seems.

On 7/27/2017 at 22:10, alreadyexists said:

To my limited knowledge of him, he's thrived in sides which have been built around him, or at least focussed on him as the 'main man' and those sides might have supported him sufficiently to enable him to be very good... but perhaps at the cost of overall squad quality and tactical ability. Those squads like Fulham and Leeds only did so well with him in, and only succeeded in relative terms, even with his goals and assists. I personally would rather see us excel and get out of the league by relying on several good attacking players, rather than concentrating on accommodating just one. As there doesn't seem to be a middle ground with him.

Maybe I'm wrong though, as I say, I've only seen (and yes admired) him from afar until we signed him.

Its a good point that.....Be interested to know the detail behind Ross McCormacks stay with us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Other than McCormack I can't think of anyone else who has stepped out of line under Bruce.

It seems to me the manager was very fair when he came in and wiped the slate clean and gave everyone a fair chance which is why Gabby got another crack of the whip and in fairness to Gabby he has grabbed it with both hands, gotten himself into great shape and forced his way back in and then made a positive contribution on the pitch. McCormack it seems hasn't. If he had he would not find himself surplus to requirements it seems.

You do realise you could have just acknowledged what Dave said without opening the most predictable of Pandoras boxes right?

Like I did, you already know how the rest of this conversation is going to develop. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do realise you could have just acknowledged what he said without opening the most predictable of Pandoras boxes right?

Like I did, you already know how the rest of this conversation is going to develop. lol

I was aware JV but couldn't help myself. Will he take the bait though ;-)

• Haha 1

Â