Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

40 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why do sunderland want our whole shitty second string?

Because they're idiots. It's like middlesboro, they bought a few of our off casts and wonder why they were relegated. 

To be fair to Sunderland they haven't actually signed anyone from us yet. Grayson won't be drawn on rumours and lazy writers will know Sunderland have pocketed a lot of transfer money and parachute payments with a few more players still to be sold. Any known name in the championship available will probably get a tenuous link and we just so happen to have more than our fair share of them 

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

To be fair to Sunderland they haven't actually signed anyone from us yet. Grayson won't be drawn on rumours and lazy writers will know Sunderland have pocketed a lot of transfer money and parachute payments with a few more players still to be sold. Any known name in the championship available will probably get a tenuous link and we just so happen to have more than our fair share of them 

I think Sunderland are very much financially struggling and their owner wants out - can't see them splashing much cash and certainly can't see us getting anywhere near £8m back for Ross.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mail say we are not interested in a loan and want 8m off him. Can't see anyone paying that

Heard someone on here yesterday and I thought then that we have no chance of getting that sort of money for him at his age. That's not even getting taking into consideration the stories/rumors that are also supposed to be doing the rounds.

8 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think Sunderland are very much financially struggling and their owner wants out - can't see them splashing much cash and certainly can't see us getting anywhere near £8m back for Ross.

Yeah, they are desperate - I can see him going there for 5 mill.

seems odd that he came back with a clean slate, was apparently training well and yet surplus to requirements. I think it is more a money decision than anything now, although not a difficult decision after what happened last season.

Could end up being a case of who is the most desperate between us and Sunderland. Are we desperate for the money and therefore willing to sell for a cut price fee or are they so desperate to sign a player who has worked in this division in the past that they are willing to pay our asking price?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Could end up being a case of who is the most desperate between us and Sunderland. Are we desperate for the money and therefore willing to sell for a cut price fee or are they so desperate to sign a player who has worked in this division in the past that they are willing to pay our asking price?

Yep - this is it, in a nutshell. Their manager likes/knows him, plus they dont have a great deal of options. I like how Tony is playing this. I honestly think they  will go for him on a permanent.

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We'd be stupid to sell for anything less than 8. Ross can at least provide good cover. IF we keep playing the 4-4-1-1, we need a centre-forward which is what Ross is

I think £8m is pushing it now, can't see us getting that 

If we could get £6m I'd snap their hands off. And I think that's pushing it. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Losing half of what we paid for McCormack in one season is such terrible business. McCormack had his off field issues last season, but this season he seemed to come back and be ready to play. 

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Mail say we are not interested in a loan and want 8m off him. Can't see anyone paying that

Don't have a problem with that.  

Ask for £8 million, settle for £5-6 million. 

As opposed to asking for £5-6 million and getting daft loan requests. 

31 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We'd be stupid to sell for anything less than 8. Ross can at least provide good cover. IF we keep playing the 4-4-1-1, we need a centre-forward which is what Ross is

This!

I know Ross had/has his problems but he was a goal scoring machine before us.  We only need a few injuries upfront and he would be vital and to be fair Kodjia is our only real name that is locked in the first XI.  Hogan needs service and get into a run, Gabby gladly is in his last season and thus is trying but I have more football talent than he does but his pace and hassling is great and aside from a few kids we are at Ross.  The guy can score goals for fun, not bad for a back up if we cant get decent money for him and I dont think 5-6 million is enough.  We have a long slog of a season and if we get 7-8 million and it is re-invested towards a creative player or another striker then I'm good otherwise it would be a waste and potentially strengthening a rival if he clicked back into gear.

17 hours ago, Eastie said:

I can't see Sunderland paying it no, I agree with what you are saying. My point was Sunderland are a good name to throw into a story because the manager or owner won't call out the story as false, like Villa do. Not saying they even want McCormack,  or can afford to sign him. just that it's easy to say it in the papers and rumour sites after they pocketed a huge transfer fee for Pickford and are rebuilding. 

I personally think he'll be off somewhere else at the end of August when someone gets desperate and comes close to the asking price. 

38 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Losing half of what we paid for McCormack in one season is such terrible business. McCormack had his off field issues last season, but this season he seemed to come back and be ready to play. 

Based on what? None of us have any idea what is going on behind the scenes. 

If we can get £6m back for him that would be fantastic. 

After what I said about him being our best option at no 10, I think now Grealish is out for a while we'd be stupid to get rid of him. I thought Grealish had the potential to make that position his own if Bruce wanted him there but now he's out for 2-3 months. I don't see who else in the squad other that Ross is capable of slotting in.

7 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Totally agree man.

If McCormack plays in the number ten role and manages to bag some goals, Grealish's injury could be a blessing in disguise. We could sell McCormack in January for much more than now, and then immediately bring Jack back from injury to slot into his place.

• Like 1

Â