Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

That said @TrentVilla if wasn't for those errors he made at the start, Villa would be higher up the table. 

I actually like the look of this kid, much more confident with him then Guzan that's for sure.

Wow, vs Guzan, Its a mismatch, Gollini is far better. He looks a real star in the making to me.

21 years old? Wow, a long way to go but you can see he has something special that's worth persevering with. Like Tshibola.

11 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

That said @TrentVilla if wasn't for those errors he made at the start, Villa would be higher up the table. 

I actually like the look of this kid, much more confident with him then Guzan that's for sure.

The same could be said for a number of our players who's errors led to goals being conceded or players who missed chances. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The same could be said for a number of our players who's errors led to goals being conceded or players who missed chances. 

Certainly could, so these draws could've easily have been wins if not for some individual errors etc. 

All fine lines. Like I said I rate Gollini. 

The newcastle match made up for him essentially causing us to drop points earlier in the season. He made a couple saves that he had no right stopping and kept us in the match. If Gayle scored that breakaway, no way do we walk away with a point. 

On 25/09/2016 at 12:23, rodders0223 said:

As soon as Elphick scored the only goal he went over to him and had a word. I like the lad.

Those two in particular seem to get along very well* - which can only bode well for us.  As I posted somewhere else in the thread, he's a young goalkeeper who is bound to make mistakes... he's 21 though!  Potential first team goalkeeper for 12 years.  I love his mentality too.  He made kicking mistakes against Sheff Wed and Huddersfield, but still stays calm when receiving backpasses.  He also seems more trusting in his defence, which is a relationship that will get better over time.  £5m seemed a lot at the time, but he could be our best signing in a long time.

* - I'm still not entirely convinced that they're different people.

• Like 1

Â