Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

Think its fair to say he's been involved in a fair share of tangles to date. 

Shot stopping doesn't appear to be the problem, Positioning, kicking and catching needs more attention to detail.

Edited by Kingman

33 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

decision making is his big issue. should have been signed then immeadiatly loaned out to make his mistakes with another team.

You don't learn that way - you just play somewhere else then come back to a "new" team.  He's a less-talented version of De Gea applying his trade in the first team.  He'll learn and grow with it.

54 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

he made a couple of excellent saves last night and looked quite solid.  Think he is the least of our problems tbh.

Yet he yet again made an unnecessary error which cost us. People seem to be sweeping these errors under the carpet but the bottom line is that stupid errors made directly by him have cost us points this season and arguably cost RDM his job. Gollini certainly is a problem.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Looking at the goal.. yes he was at fault. However the defence had two chances to clear it as well.. and didnt. 

How did we concede a corner so late? we were sitting back.. soaking pressure? why didnt we have the game killed off.. what tactics were employed. If we were 3-0 up.. would anyone have cared? 

Lots of issues before the keeper. Although.. i wouldnt mind Steer getting a run...... if its Bunn or Gollini.. id rather we stick with Gollini. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I'm getting more confident with Gollini. We still need a decent second keeper though. Steer and Bunn don't cut it.

Mistakes like yesterday's shouldn't cost us two points all the time. That's what's ridiculous.

I truly think our problems lie with us not finishing our chances. We can't always expect to win each match 1-0. It just won't happen even with Neuer in goal. If our strikers were finishing more than 1 out of every 10 chances, we wouldn't have to worry about conceding a goal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KSV said:

Looking at the goal.. yes he was at fault. However the defence had two chances to clear it as well.. and didnt. 

How did we concede a corner so late? we were sitting back.. soaking pressure? why didnt we have the game killed off.. what tactics were employed. If we were 3-0 up.. would anyone have cared? 

Lots of issues before the keeper. Although.. i wouldnt mind Steer getting a run...... if its Bunn or Gollini.. id rather we stick with Gollini. 

I'd take gollini over bunn too but gollini has cost us poor goals in 4 games now - bunn is useless and steer should be on the bench.

• Like 1

Should continue to develop here, hopeful that he'll be a top keeper in a few years. Young keepers will make mistakes and they are always highlighted because they are so obvious. He's not a problem for me and isn't the reason for, or even a factor in, our poor beginning to the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

A keeper isn't allowed to make a mistake, labelled a clown. Strikers miss multiple chances every game and they're regarded as our best players.

Exactly. It's unfair. We are tied in 6th for the best defensive record in the league, and yet we are tied for 18th in goals scored. I think we should be asking why our strikers that all excelled in this league previously are struggling to score. We are getting plenty of chances each match. We are 1st for chances created, but we barely score. Need to practice finishing. 

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness he has to come for that as no height in our defence with Chester and Elphick

He really didn't need to come out for it.... If you look at the goal again there absolutely no one behind him and elphick, they could of quite easily let the ball sale over there heads. Bad decision... although as pointed out by a few on here 2 goals up in stead of just that one goal margin cuts out panicked decisions.

Â