Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

very good penalty save pity his defenders didnt cover themselves in glory after it

on another point before tonight when was last penalty save our goalkeeper has made? I assume was Guzan but not sure when. Freidel and Given were hopeless at penalties so was Guzan at the end

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

His reaction when we won, running over to the away support after and throwing his gloves, shorts, anything into the stands was brilliant. He's clearly pasionate

Great spirit..   Sounds like he missed the Steve Bruce wank fest last week!..  Better late than never!   :lol:

• Like 1

Juventus apparently want him:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/554733/Aston-Villa-Pierluigi-Gollini-Juventus-transfer-news

Villa are languishing near the bottom of the second tier after relegation last season.

Veteran boss Steve Bruce has been drafted in to help get the club back firing in the right direction.

But he could first be set for a surprise battle to keep hold of his No.1 goalkeeper.

Gollini only moved to Villa Park from Verona in the summer and has made a mixed start including some high-profile errors.

Udinese's Alex Meret and AC Milan's Gianluigi Donnarumma are also said to be on Juventus’ goalkeeping shortlist.

Gollini, 21, was on the books at Manchester United earlier in his career.

On 19/10/2016 at 02:29, skarroki said:

His reaction when we won, running over to the away support after and throwing his gloves, shorts, anything into the stands was brilliant. He's clearly pasionate

And talented.  Going to be a top keeper - hope we (Doc) keeps him.

Been very impressed with him over the last few weeks. Very mixed start but despite some errors he has put his head down and not let it wreck his confidence.

Each time he has shown signs of continued improvement, and at his age that is a great indicator of his development. In our current position, what more can you ask for than consistent progression. Fair play to the coaching staff & fans too, I'm glad to see some patience is paying off. He is looking like he has to potential to be a very good keeper.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Swap him for pantsamillion.

Wouldn't swap him for Hart and I mean that. Has the making of a very good keeper. Great potential so the fans should stick with him. Might turn out to be Di Matteo's best signing?

• Like 3

On 18/10/2016 at 22:00, Zatman said:

very good penalty save pity his defenders didnt cover themselves in glory after it

on another point before tonight when was last penalty save our goalkeeper has made? I assume was Guzan but not sure when. Freidel and Given were hopeless at penalties so was Guzan at the end

Guzan used to save loads when he first broke through.  I remember him saving 4 in one night at Sunderland.

• Like 2

I don't think we should get carried away he's still got a mistake in him and his distribution needs a lot of work. 

However, he's definitely good enough for this level and with time and experience he can only push on and become better and more assured. I don't want him replaced at all, but he's not a world beater yet. 

Similar, but on a different level, to De Gea in his first season at Man Utd. Obvious potential but there's gonna be a few major errors before he gets that consistency.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Wouldn't swap him for Hart and I mean that. Has the making of a very good keeper. Great potential so the fans should stick with him. Might turn out to be Di Matteo's best signing?

I understand your logic here, but I'd 100% swap Gollini for Hart if that were somehow possible. Hart may make the occasional mistake, but he is still a fantastic keeper. If Gollini reaches the quality of Hart, we will have an amazing keeper. But I'd much rather have a finished product right now instead of having to wait for someone to eventually (hopefully) get to the level of the player we are comparing him to. 

• Like 1

Â