Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

9 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Heir to Buffon :crylaugh:

Why the laugh? It doesn't mean he'll be as good as one of the best keepers of all time.

I think he's really talented. Commanding, brave, great shot stopper. No issues with his distribution. Just needs to sort his foot work out a touch. He's got all the raw ingredients. 

Even if he didn't improve much from here, he's a solid keeper and I trust him. Though all of this is based on 13 games so to be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why the laugh? It doesn't mean he'll be as good as one of the best keepers of all time.

I think he's really talented. Commanding, brave, great shot stopper. No issues with his distribution. Just needs to sort his foot work out a touch. He's got all the raw ingredients. 

Even if he didn't improve much from here, he's a solid keeper and I trust him. Though all of this is based on 13 games so to be taken with a pinch of salt.

"Heir to Buffon" implies he'll eventually replace him. Donnarumma or Perin will be next in line. He's a decent keeper, but it's a silly statement.

I like Gollini, he reminds me A LOT of De Gea when he arrived at Utd. good shot stopper, decent overall, but too many silly mistakes and when parrying the ball, he needs to get it further away from danger, just like De Gea's first season. Think Gollini could turn out to be our best signing this summer and turn into a good keeper for us for many seasons.

• Like 1

I think Golly has a touch of class about him. He's still young and learner but I've no doubt he will get better and be a very good keeper. He seems a very likeable character too. 

Like others have said he's not the only keeper that's made mistakes when first playing over here, Bravo hasn't exactly been perfect at City. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2016 at 09:54, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Best young keeper we have had since bosnich - gollini will be fine for us .

• Like 1

I got to admit, i thought we made a huge mistake going into the season with this guy as our number 1 after a couple of blunders he made early on. 

Not only has my opinion changed on that score, i actually think this guy has the potential to be a very good keeper. 

Or has Harry would say, a top, top, top player. 

Has a similar start to his England adventure as to what David De Gea had at Manure.

Shaky start with a couple of costly mistakes, some problems with the physical side of English football, but steadily growing into it.

Not making any comparison other than they are/where both young and gangly.

Has looked really promising in the last few games, think he'll turn out to be a great signing for us.

• Like 2

Starting to really like him. Being ultra critical, I think when Donaldson had that one off the line, the ball was in the air long enough for him to come and get something on it. But done enough to keep it out. Looking very solid for me though on the whole, as I said from that start looking like the real deal.

Yes much improved helped in no small amount by the improvement throughout the team. Would have lost today but correct a brilliant save in a 1 on 1 situation so yes is making up for previous lost points. 

Â