Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

How did you guys get a goalie that was worse than the gringo? for 5 million pounds? Jesus Ospina cost Arsenal 3. You could throw a rock and find a decent keeper for 5 million pounds if you look in the right places. I mean you could of gotten Robert Green on a free.

I mean goalkeepers have to be top players - there is zero room for the kind of mistakes we see consistently from the Villa goalies. Not even the A-League goalies or MLS goalies are that bad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, electronicmaji said:

How did you guys get a goalie that was worse than the gringo? for 5 million pounds? Jesus Ospina cost Arsenal 3. You could throw a rock and find a decent keeper for 5 million pounds if you look in the right places. I mean you could of gotten Robert Green on a free.

I mean goalkeepers have to be top players - there is zero room for the kind of mistakes we see consistently from the Villa goalies. Not even the A-League goalies or MLS goalies are that bad!

Troll

• Like 1

He's basically looking like David De Gea did early on at Man Utd - punching everything he can, making good saves but also making some poor decisions. 

He'll learn from those - I'm amazed people are writing him off so soon. He's 21! Keep playing him and boosting his confidence and we could have our first choice keeper sorted for 12 years

• Like 4

2 hours ago, electronicmaji said:

Not sure if schizphrenic or just illiterate? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Robert Green has been even worse at Leeds.

Gollini should be given a few more starts but the errors can't keep on continuing.

I'm just bemused Steer is so out of favour...surely he should be ahead of Bunn and on the bench?

Yep yep yep. 

11 hours ago, electronicmaji said:

'Liked' for hilarity. 

12 hours ago, electronicmaji said:

Throwing a rock at a goalkeeper isn't actually a bad idea. If he catches it, you know he's alright.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Throwing a rock at a goalkeeper isn't actually a bad idea. If he catches it, you know he's alright.

On the flip-side - if he doesn't, he probably won't be.

Could be useful if the club considered bidding for a small heath keeper. Win/win. ;) Might work for outfield players as well.

(Just to clarify: No, I don't really condone any actual violence.)

Edited by TB

• 2 weeks later...

Shame he had to go off today, did whatever he had to do with minimal fuss and firmly believe he would have saved the first one. Any news on his injury? I'm guessing he was a little shaken up by the bang he took?

• Like 1

Just now, Mjvilla said:

Shame he had to go off today, did whatever he had to do with minimal fuss and firmly believe he would have saved the first one. Any news on his injury? I'm guessing he was a little shaken up by the bang he took?

Seemed to be a kick near the throat and I think he was sick - hopefully he will be back on weds.

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I'm being harsh on Bunn but I think Gollini would have saved the first goal or at least got a hand to it.

He might also have flapped at some crosses, sliced a clearance to an opposition player or parried a shot to a strikers feet 5 yards out. I know on current form what the more likely scenarious would be ;)

Â