Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

59 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

We aren't scoring many goals. That highlights the defensive/goalkeeper errors even more. Strikers/midfielders get more chances to get it right during a match, the defensive unit get one chance. 

That is a very good point.

We still have the problem of scoring which we have had for a couple of seasons hence where we are today. The annoying bit now is we are now creating more chances.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Unfortunately Richard he has cost us points thus far, people were ok after the first, second but he was poor against bristol city so righly he is getting critised. The only way for him to turn it around is improved performances. I think we need another keeper as competition for him. Imagine he makes a clanger against blose at the sty for example? Fans will never forgive him.

I ask again, what did he do wrong at Bristol that everyone keeps talking about? I've watched the goals plenty of times but I don't see nothing Dimitri.

Sounds like Groupthink to me

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mwj said:

I ask again, what did he do wrong at Bristol that everyone keeps talking about? I've watched the goals plenty of times but I don't see nothing Dimitri.

I agree. Can't see what he did wrong for any of Bristol's goals. The first which he parried out was pretty unfortunate to fall to a Bristol player. 9/10 times that's not going to be the case. Neigh on impossible to catch that shot as well. The third was a very accurate and well struck set piece, which he would have to have been poorly positioned in the first instance in order to save. Don't think many keepers would be stopping it unless they gambled on that side. 

2 hours ago, mwj said:

Agree. Not one person has mentioned the defences failure to follow in a shot to get it clear. Apart from mi datteo.

Should have held the first, pushed it round the post. It was awful. All game he didn't come to claim one cross, I know, I was there.

You can stick up for him all day long but ultimately you know full well we're taking a massive gamble with this fella. 

I don't rate him at all. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Should have held the first, pushed it round the post. It was awful. All game he didn't come to claim one cross, I know, I was there.

You can stick up for him all day long but ultimately you know full well we're taking a massive gamble with this fella. 

I don't rate him at all. 

You know keepers are coached to parry bouncing balls don't you mate? Because if they try to catch it they will in likely spill the ball in the 6 yard box for a striker to tap in. 

51 minutes ago, mwj said:

You know keepers are coached to parry bouncing balls don't you mate? Because if they try to catch it they will in likely spill the ball in the 6 yard box for a striker to tap in. 

Are they coached to parry it directly to the opposing forward? Don't think so. Face it, it was a mistake.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Are they coached to parry it directly to the opposing forward? Don't think so. Face it, it was a mistake.

Yep correct. If you read my earlier post I said he should have pushed it further towards the sideline. I also blame Amavi for being asleep with the rebound and De Laet letting him come inside unchallenged to get a pissy mishit shot away.

I just don't subscribe to this bullshit I'm reading here recently that he's rubbish and needs to be dropped. 

1 hour ago, dnmacf said:

I agree. Can't see what he did wrong for any of Bristol's goals. The first which he parried out was pretty unfortunate to fall to a Bristol player.

It was indeed.

It was also unfortunate that his clearance smashed straight into the Huddersfield player then our goal, oh and unfortunate that he sliced a clearance straight to an opposition attacker the other week too... All this in the space of a month or so is unfortunate. 

Maybe "unfortunate" isn't the right word.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was indeed.

It was also unfortunate that his clearance smashed straight into the Huddersfield player then our goal, oh and unfortunate that he sliced a clearance straight to an opposition attacker the other week too... All this in the space of a month or so is unfortunate. 

The two miskicks are 100% his fault. Hasn't really done anything wrong IMO since then.

2 hours ago, mwj said:

But he did give it to the striker 6 yards out to tap in?

It was awful goalkeeping. Keepers aren't coached to be shit, mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It was indeed.

Nice work, Genie.

First they weren't his mistakes, now they've realised they were, he's just unfortunate.

Anyone who thinks his start to the season has been anything other than catastrophic needs to open their eyes.

Didnt he make a mistake in pre-season as well? So that's 4 in 6... at least he's consistent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But he did give it to the striker 6 yards out to tap in?

It was awful goalkeeping. Keepers aren't coached to be shit, mate.

He didn't though did he mate? You understand the difference between dropping and pushing? He parried it hard and it should have gone well clear.

You have your opinion and that's fine but I'm telling you that's what goalkeepers are coached to do these days. If you can find a goalkeeper that can hold a bouncing ball 100% then congratulations you've just found the next Ballon dOr, sign him up.

17 minutes ago, mwj said:

He didn't though did he mate? You understand the difference between dropping and pushing? He parried it hard and it should have gone well clear.

You have your opinion and that's fine but I'm telling you that's what goalkeepers are coached to do these days. If you can find a goalkeeper that can hold a bouncing ball 100% then congratulations you've just found the next Ballon dOr, sign him up.

Nonsense.

I could have done better with their first goal. It was yet another mistake from a shit goalkeeper.

As a goalkeeper I can assure there is no 1 thing keepers are trained to do. Sometimes it is better to parry than to try and catch, just like sometimes it is better to punch the ball rather than catch it from a cross, but even if you're not 100% sure you'll be able to bring it in he should be trying to claim that shot all day long, no power on it and parrying it was only ever going to put it right out in the danger zone. If he had tried to hold it and failed he probably would have been in a better position to get it at the 2nd attempt or save the rebound (by virtue of being closer to the ball), I can only imagine he had his positioning a bit off and in the split second assumed he was closer to the post than he actually was. He's young and this sort of thing will happen and he will improve on it in time. In the meantime we need to start putting games to bed when we have the opportunities as Gollini clearly has some work to do before these mistakes are removed from his game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dnmacf said:

I agree. Can't see what he did wrong for any of Bristol's goals. The first which he parried out was pretty unfortunate to fall to a Bristol player. 9/10 times that's not going to be the case. Neigh on impossible to catch that shot as well. The third was a very accurate and well struck set piece, which he would have to have been poorly positioned in the first instance in order to save. Don't think many keepers would be stopping it unless they gambled on that side. 

vwMt2Rd.png (481×354)

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I remember De Gea getting slaughtered for pretty much his whole first 12 months. Armchair experts at it again. Kid will be fine.

true but was times when Fergie but in Lindegaard or Kuzsczak just to calm De Gea down from firing line

Â