Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

25 minutes ago, turnbull said:

I think we'll regret not signing an experienced keeper at least as back up. This lad's making mistakes, but Bunn is just not good enough.

mark Schwarzer.. is a free agent.. still only 43........

46 minutes ago, turnbull said:

I think we'll regret not signing an experienced keeper at least as back up. This lad's making mistakes, but Bunn is just not good enough.

Steer should be the back up option - he's had plenty experience in this division and bunn is a liability

I'm guessing he did OK yesterday, clean sheet... Motm as voted on here... None of the gollini haters have jumped down his throat. Not a surprise to see NOONE come in here and say well done to a young lad for having a good game though.

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno, I didn't know if both of them off the line was one of those where the keepers left it knowing the bloke was there rather than trying to flap at it and risk putting the defender off, admittedly I didn't have the best picture

maybe but he looked a bit flat footed from what I saw and cross just looped over him but maybe you are right

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont want be critical as he made a decent save at the end from a free kick but he was a bit all over the place for Cissokho clearing off the line

Don't think any keeper would have got to that - its good for him to get another clean sheet and a cracking late save too - he needed that .

• Like 1

IIRC (my first one ever) wasn't De Gea absolutely horrible for his first 2-3 months? Not trying to draw a direct comparison just thinking maybe it takes a keeper a good while to feel comfortable. Understand his defend and so forth. Is there any hard proof of any keeper literally walking into a new team and being faultless?

• Like 1

I think this lad may also prove to be very good in the future but I'd have chosen someone more experienced for this season in the Championship. I just think it's a bit of a gamble throwing such a young lad in to the pressure situation we find ourselves in - trying to go up first attempt. 

I do think he's going to get beaten by one or two free kicks that aren't exactly worldies, unless he sorts out his positioning. 

Â