Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

Frustration is Gollini does the basics well.

He makes the regulation saves, is pretty vocal and I really like him coming through crowded areas and catching the ball, Guzan used to do that so well.

Ultimately though it's another error that's cost us points so he needs to cut it out.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

A clown.

Which type? Harlequin, Blackface, Whiteface, Pierrot, Jester? And why, exactly? A freak goal today. It happens, even to the best 'keepers. If he was all over the shop in his games this far I'd agree. And it takes some time to get a pair of CBs and a GK to learn how to communicate with each other. They've hardly had that. At some point in time, Villa might have to replace him. But then again, that goes for everyone on the squad. Still early days...

• Like 1

Got to be Elphicks fault he left the ball when Gollini was still few yards away,and Gollinis kick was fine how else could he kick it?Surely the old saying if in doubt kick it out would of been in Elphicks mind.If it wasnt for Gollini tonight we could of concede 2 or 3

He was hung out to dry a bit by the defence but if in doubt stick the ball out for a throw in rather than blasting it directly as the striker who is running at you. 

• Like 1

I dont mind it personally.. as long as he is making saves and catches the ball etc.. he will be okay. 

I cant blame him at all for the Huddersfield goal. I am amazed people are. If you pause it once the ball is over Chesters head.. he is the closest.. not Gollini.. not even their player. Chester had time to kick it out for a throw or even for a corner. Just play it safe. He signalled for Gollini to come out but the ball was short.. and he had little else to do but kick it. The defender lunged for it.. again could have gone wide.. it usually does.. Unlucky. 

Sheffield Wednesday.. was his fault. 

We have to remember he is very very young for a goal keeper. De Gea made quite a few errors when he first signed for Utd.. and now hes regarded as one of the best. They need time on the field to gain experience.. we wont see the best of him for a little while yet.  I just hope this hasnt affected his confidence too much. Will be playing on his mind in the next match. Especially if the Derby fans get on his back. 

We will know if we have a player if he bounces back from this and not crumble like Enkleman did. 

Edited by KSV

You could run that scenario a thousand times without he ball ending up in the net. Yes, maybe he should have kicked it to the side but you live and learn. It shouldn't have mattered as we should have been three or four goals clear by that time with the chances we had. Let's not get on his back, he's stupidly young for a keeper and has some ability. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Youngsters will make mistakes - it's how they learn. 

It's very important that people don't get on his back and destroy his potential and confidence.

Doesnt seem to have learnt after the Wednesday mistake, just kick the ball out for   a throw for gods sake, dont take un-necessary risks at 1-0. So frustrating. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesnt seem to have learnt after the Wednesday mistake, just kick the ball out for   a throw for gods sake, dont take un-necessary risks at 1-0. So frustrating. 

Yeah you're right, he's **** then - might as well get rid. 

Are same people who are applauding RDM for assembling a strong spine  (Chester , Elphick, Mccormack and hopefully Jedinak) are the same people who praising the purchase of a 21 year rookie as first choice ?

Does the basics well ? - Really I would have though ensuring your clearance get past the opposition player is pretty much as basic as it gets.

Might be one for the future - But if we want promotion we need an experienced guy between the  sticks  whether that's Mark Bunn or a via the transfer market remains to be seen.

Many more like last night and Im sure the word will come down from big Tony to sort it out.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Going to be our best keeper since Bosnich.

Looks a million, million  miles away from Bosnich.  Can't possibly what you're basing that on other than blind hope\faith...

Â