Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

11 minutes ago, Papillon said:

He wasn't. He was a bit dodgy on crosses and let in a Dzeko-long-ranger, but he made exceptional saves from the beginning.

De Gea was shaky at best at the start for Man Utd. Woeful coming for crosses, misplaced passes from back passes - the lot. 

He still lets in poor goals (Benteke for us went straight through him) but he's got much better and makes good saves. So far, we've seen all that from Gollini. 

I'm not worried about him at all. 

it looks like poor communication and decision making between Tommy and Gollini so I think it's only fair that they share the blame for that freak goal. stuff like this will happen with a new team, nothing to worry about imo. it's a rotten shame and we're all so bloody desperate to win that it feels like death when we lose out on points at this stage. then again, this is football and things like this happens to the best of teams as well. both Tommy and Gollini have been good so far so I'll not make any rash assessments based on that.

• Like 2

Did Gollini yell for it or did Elphick yell at Gollini to clear it? Regardless I think Gollini should do better. It's one person in his way and he managed to hit him. Just kick it to a side instead of dead center and not even high off the ground. 

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Did Gollini yell for it or did Elphick yell at Gollini to clear it? Regardless I think Gollini should do better. It's one person in his way and he managed to hit him. Just kick it to a side instead of dead center and not even high off the ground. 

Gollini must've yelled for it and, if it was in the box, Elphick would have done the right thing - the keeper can smother it there. 

30 yards out from goal, though? Just clear it defender. Or, if you're not going to, don't give the attacker free run to close the ball down. Block him off, take the foul. 

• Like 1

Elphick left it to Gollini, and it was a freak bounce.

The defender can do 2 things, and both of them are just as right - take the ball and clear it to leave it to the GK for him to clear it.

Imagine if Elphick controlled it in order to clear it and lost posession due to a slip or getting beaten to it,

It's nobody's and everybodys fault, you just cant judge it.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

To be expected that a new goalie and new defense will have communication issues to start with.

Maintain that it was desperately unlucky.

To be expected from Villa-of-today, but from no-one else.

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

He wants gelding!

How will having the Villa keeper neutered benefit the team? Are we embarking on a long-term breeding program?

Only Gollini and Elphick will know if Gollini has shouted he will deal with it but for me having committed to coming out as far as he did he then should have dealt with it. He if facing the play and can kick it in to touch either side of the player rushing in if need be.

• Like 2

Â