Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

He has cost us 4 points in 3 games. Doesn't bode well. 

An experienced stopper please Tony.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

I'd say having done the same thing twice in three games, costing us three points is pretty consistent.

That's not what you said though is it? You said he consistently passes to the opposition.

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He is 21, in a new country, in a new league, he has only played 4 (?) games. He has also made some very good saves as well as his mistakes.

Cut the guy some slack for now and support him. We shouldn't have even been in a position where that goal mattered. For me that is more of a concern.

There isn't much room for sentiment for a goalkeeper is there? Strikers and midfielders can do mistakes and it's no big deal - a goalkeeper's mistake directly leads to goals. If he cannot mangage the basics, he should not plat yet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim said:

He has cost us 4 points in 3 games. Doesn't bode well. 

An experienced stopper please Tony.

He's also made some decent saves. It's what you get with a goalkeeper.

Classic VT to jump on a players' back after 3 games though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He's a baby in GK terms, De Gea was a bag of shite when he first came to English football, he'll improve looks a decent shot stopper. 

He wasn't. He was a bit dodgy on crosses and let in a Dzeko-long-ranger, but he made exceptional saves from the beginning.

If the rest of the team had done their job in the second half this would only had been a footnote.

Obviously need to cut out mistakes, but the big worry for me was how we collapsed in the second half, again...

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Needs to learn how to kick a football. To be honest, outside of his mistakes he has impressed me, but the fact remains is that he has cost us 4 points in 3 games with his errors. So he really needs to sharpen up, not good enough so far.

Looks like he kicked it pretty well to me!

In my opinion the defender should be clearing that. Sod all this leaving it for the keeper bollocks. If it's within reach of u then **** clear it. Much more chance of a balls up and hesitation if left for the keeper.

and if your talking points he's "lost" us It's 3 points in 3 games

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He's a baby in GK terms, De Gea was a bag of shite when he first came to English football, he'll improve looks a decent shot stopper. 

We can't handle a bag of shite and wait for him to grow. We need someone we can depend upon, now!

Damn I'm angry.

I do agree with those who blame Elphick too, why did he leave the ball to Gollini? I'm so angry.

Â