Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bit of a gollini, got potential but now is not the time to develop players. RDM got it wrong thinking he would hold the midfield together. 

Looks like steve Clarke was the one who rated him having managed him - not sure rdm knew what year it was to be honest .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Improvement on Westwood and Gardner

Is he though?

I'm happy for him to play over them because I think there's more chance he'll improve and, well, he just ISN'T them.

But I'm yet to see what he offers that those two don't. Which is saying a lot!

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Is he though?

I'm happy for him to play over them because I think there's more chance he'll improve and, well, he just ISN'T them.

Slightly yes , but that's hardly a great compliment .

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is he though?

In my opinion, he is yes, he's dynamic and positionally aware, he's also only 21 years old so he will improve over time. I think he'll be great in the coming years, hopefully with us

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he is yes, he's dynamic and positionally aware, he's also only 21 years old so he will improve over time. I think he'll be great in the coming years, hopefully with us

I'm happy to admit he will (or I hope he will) improve. 

It's his only chance because at the moment he's rubbish.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He wasnt positionally aware for the goal last night, he was nowhere near our box while 2 Wolves midfielders just strolled into our box with nobody picking up. Jedinak got pulled out to the left wing after Amavi made a mess of things and Tishbola was between our box and the half way line.

To be fair to him he's being put under expectations that he shouldn't be under at this point in his career. 

As a young kid with very little first team experience, his role this season should have been part of rotation and cover and coming off the bench. 

But because of RDM's horrendous judgement and Westwood and Gardner failing at this level, he's now got to be an integral part of the midfield for a team wanting promotion. 

Hopefully after January he can take on the role that's best for his development while at the club. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To be fair to him he's being put under expectations that he shouldn't be under at this point in his career. 

As a young kid with very little first team experience, his role this season should have been part of rotation and cover and coming off the bench. 

But because of RDM's horrendous judgement and Westwood and Gardner failing at this level, he's now got to be an integral part of the midfield for a team wanting promotion. 

Hopefully after January he can take on the role that's best for his development while at the club. 

Think this is a fair point TBH. 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, if you get to the age of 21 and are still incapable of trapping a bag of cement or able to pass a football or have any awareness of where opposition runners are going then it's probably time to give up o  your dream. He is awful and much like Jedinak people give him the time of day because he isn't Ashley Westwood.

Decent footballer's at the age of 21 already show signs of promise and ability. This lad shows very little.

He is about as dynamic as a Fiat Cinquecento and about as positionally aware as my nan on Christmas Day after 5 glasses of sherry.

• Like 2

I thought he was the best of a bad bunch to be honest. He's a presence in midfield that isn't afraid to put himself about, strong in the tackle and very rarely gives the ball away. I'd like to see him be a bit more box-to-box, drive forward from midfield a bit like Delph used to. I'm happy to see him continue to start as he certainly has potential. 

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just give him a chance, that's all I ask before he is shot down, I see him being a big player for us in the future

You say it about too many players though. As @Bunnski mentioned above, positionally he's awful, which is frightening for a centre midfield player. I don't know if he just doesn't know where to be, or he's just lazy. Either way it's a worrying sign. I've yet to see a single reason why he should be playing instead of Westwood or Gardner and I don't rate either of them at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Â